Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wtf? do the old aods have modulator valves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wtf? do the old aods have modulator valves?

i'm making up a list of stuff from partsamerica.com and under filters, they list a modulator valve. when you select a newer box vic tho, that option goes away. hmm....
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

yes they eliminated one of the servos in 89

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

wait does this mean I have one? I thought I had looked for one and didnt find it!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

In the upper left corner of my old '84 vintage trans, you'll see the servo thats missing on the 89 core used for my new tranny...

old trans:

new trans:

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
        '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
        '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

i dont think we are talking about the same thing
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownLX
            wait does this mean I have one? I thought I had looked for one and didnt find it!
            AOD's do NOT have a modulator like C-4's and C-6's do. The TV linkage performs all of the functions which would be provided by one, plus additional functions.

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
              In the upper left corner of my old '84 vintage trans, you'll see the servo thats missing on the 89 core used for my new tranny...
              What's missing is the 3-4 shift accumulator. An accumulator regulates the speed of the shift by providing a cavity which must be filled before servo actuation. The servo is a piston and rod which actuate a band.

Comment

good info all around. could this be a 3-4 accumulator like mercracer said that they are selling and they screwed up up on the listing or sometjhin?
                Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Originally posted by evilcrownvic
                  good info all around. could this be a 3-4 accumulator like mercracer said that they are selling and they screwed up up on the listing or sometjhin?
                  Accumulators are not sold over the counter. It is probably just another case of another librarian putting something into a parts listing without knowing what they are doing. You can walk into ANY parts store and find errors in parts applications listings.
                  Over the years of working part time at parts stores, I have tried to get the computer catalogs changed with little if any success.

Comment

Working...
                  X