Tinting or other services?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinting or other services?

Does anyone that plance on showing at SF know how to tint cars? I dont have the $$ to get it done by a shop beforehand, but id be willing to pay a few bucks to someone that do a decent job while I'm up in PA

Anyone else have some type of specialty for installs or service of some kind they can sell/trade? If folks need something, now would be the best time to get it done, and do a demop for others that attend

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

I used to do decals on railroad cars, the technique is similar, but it's been quite a while.
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Im glad to offer underhood cleanup and LED intall services to any one interested

Though if you want LED's, let me know NOW so I can order more, and what type
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

for led's what are the types? I want my instrument cluster done did up in leds
        GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
        1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
        99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
        03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
        95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

For your cluster, I would use the 5 start LED 194 replacement bulbs Ive been using.

What color do you want? Im getting ready to place an order.
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Hey pete can you order me up some blue LEDs for my dash? Not sure how many the instrument cluster uses, but I know there are at least 3 in addition to the ones in the guages. One in the headlight switch, one for the power antenna, and 1 or 2 for the climate control head. If you're gonna place an order, if you could order me a batch and let me know what I owe you, I can paypal it right away.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

fordgirls ranger needs new dash lights.....she wants blue

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

ok - I'll probably order a whole mess of blue, a handfull or red and white, and a few amber.
                hhmmm I should make a new thread...
                sigpic

Comment

hmm leds sounds cool mabey some in the vents how much do you charge to put in? 85crownhpp?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

hhmmm - for a bulb in each vent Id say about $20 in bulbs & supplies, and $20 in labor (assuming use of the courtesy lamp wiring) labor payable to Scott as a festival donation. If you want them wired to a switch that would be a tad more.

I made a new thread for LED services in the scottfest forum where you can claim a stake in the LED bounty
                    sigpic

Comment

We just got a mercedes that needs som tint work done dous anyone know of a good place in oregon
                      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

blue!

i dont think green would look good in my interior
                        GMNRadio DJ, Podcast Co-Host
                        1984 Ford LTD Crown Victoria - Drag Car.
                        99 Ranger 2.5 - Parts hauler and Pit truck.
                        03 Mustang 3.8 Convertable - Head Gaskets fukered up
                        95 S10 93 Accord

Comment

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          Does anyone that plance on showing at SF know how to tint cars? I dont have the $$ to get it done by a shop beforehand, but id be willing to pay a few bucks to someone that do a decent job while I'm up in PA
                          Tintin aint easy, but I think w/ the right prep and a pre cut kit it's dooable.

www.tintdude.com has all the answers, but in a nutshell:

#1 the glass must be exceptionally clean. I mean CLEAN.

#2 the interior of the car must be exceptionally clean. I mean CLEAN. During the install mist the interior w/ water to keep dust down.

#3 use a new plastic scraper/squeegee so you dont scratch the film as you get out the air bubbles (comes w/ good kits)

#4 dont try it on a hot dry day where the soapy water used to be able to position the film will dry too fast

I think if you followed 1 and 2 religiously and had at least an extra pair of hands to help hang and position while you squeegee out the air bubbles, you at the least for the price of the film kit could have a good tint job.

At the same time Im on the fence cause people dont get paid to do perfect tint jobs cause it's easy. Also I would prefer 3M film (they invented it back in 1966 and they're the best) but it doesn't look like it's avail. to the DIY precut market, only to the pros. www.snaptint.com looks like it has good kits and I like the mix and match feature, so Id start there. If you end up DIY I want to hear how it goes!

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Working...
                          X