I have a 1993 Grand Marquis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 1993 Grand Marquis.

I have the 4.6L V8 Sohc, that came with it. I was wondering if anyone knows of a performance site where i can find for performance parts for this platform. Also kno that the mustang has the same engine but are the parts still able to go on? LIke a 1996 Chevy Impala can have corvette parts because they have the same engine. So can I just buy 4.6L V8 mustang parts?

Very little from a 4.6 Mustang will directly bolt onto your '93 engine. The Mustang never used an intake like the '92-'95 panther chassis. The Mustang always used the plastic intake, same as the '96-up CV/GM/TC. You can swap to the plastic intake, but it will require lots of changes to wiring and fuel plumbing. While the TB is the same bolt pattern, the throttle and cruise control cables attach differently.

You can use UD pulleys as a straight install, but that's about it.

Ray
    Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
    Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

So i cant find a site for performance parts anywhere?

So is there any site i can find performance bolt on parts. Cause i got flowmasters comn and im looking for some bolt on headers and things of that nature

Comment

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

No one makes a direct fit set of headers for the older (pre-'03) CV/GM/TC. The ADTR headers for the '95-'02 engine will work. You will have to relocate your O2 sensors into the pipe between the header and the converter and customize an EGR supply tube.

The biggest restrictions in the '92-95 4.6 are the heads and the aluminum intake. Neither flow as well as thier later model counterparts. Ford did a redesign of the heads & intake in '96 that addressed the poor valve seal design. Then in '01 the panther chassis received the PI (Performance Improved) heads and intake that the Mustang was running since '99. So unless you want to step up to a newer motor, or at least newer top end, your extra power will be limited.

The biggest boost you can make with your stock set-up would be to get rid of the 4-cats and 2" (or less) pipes. Go with a pair of hi-flows and have 2.25" tubes bent. That will free up the most HP, and increase the sound you get from your new FlowMaster mufflers.
          Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
          Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

Working...
          X