Should this be plugged into something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should this be plugged into something?

Ok I notced this today while changing my oil filter. I don't know why I didn't notice this before today, maybe I just over looked it. Anyway it is the connector right next to the oil cooler lines that has red on it. Should that be plugged into something or is it some connector that was used when it was in service? I couldn't find a female connector around by it. I am assuming it has something to do with when it was suited up with the lights and shit when it was in service but I am just making sure.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

That is the variable power steering system(EVO) connector for the valve on the P\S pump. On PI models from 99-02(like yours), they did not have this feature but they still had the same wire harness.

Civilian models had an EVO valve or Electronic Variable Orfice (he said orfice ) that varied steering effort in relation to vehicle speed. It was mounted on the P/S pump. Higher speeds=stiffer steering. Lower speeds=lighter steering.

Just ignore it.
    1995 Grand Marquis LS, digi dash, loaded
    124,000 miles

Mods:99 PI steering gear, harsh rear IAS shocks, front KYB gas adjusts, HPP rims with Bridgestone Potenza G009's, Walker dual exhaust with direct fit Magnaflow cats

Comment

Oh ok, that explains it. Thanks alot.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Even if you had a different pump and plugged it in, it wouldnt do squat as it requires the little control box inside the dash to make the evo happen.

Comment

Yes, and also the rotation sensor and wheel under the dash on the steering shaft.
          1995 Grand Marquis LS, digi dash, loaded
          124,000 miles

Mods:99 PI steering gear, harsh rear IAS shocks, front KYB gas adjusts, HPP rims with Bridgestone Potenza G009's, Walker dual exhaust with direct fit Magnaflow cats

Comment

so can i just unplug my wiener rotation potatoe orfice thing?

Comment

Working...
            X