dash part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dash part 2

Dash is done.. re-assembly as soon as the rain quits today....
    Then on to the floor!
    Also pulling the steering wheel today to clean it up.... Then i will decide whether it needs re-dyed or not.. so it will match the rest of the dash!
    It may clean up...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

your dedication to that car is inspiring
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Yeah it is. That looks so much nicer now. The steering wheel looks really bad compared to the rest though. lol. Wont the dye come off of a steering wheel though? Since that gets a lot of use? I've been thinking about doing mine black, but I dont know if I should since it might wear off where I keep my hands.

Comment

looks good tom!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Steering wheel...

The steering wheel will be done with a different type of dye... it is shoe leather and vinyl spray... available at most shoe repair places... All I have to do is find a color that is close.

I did my steering wheel on my '91 with it... and it has lasted 3 years... except where i have scarred it up getting in and out with stuff, and hit the steering wheel. I am going to redye that one too....

I will get the name of the dye when i go get some this week....
          Cause I know someone may want the name of the stuff!!!

If they don't have the right color, I may get a "Wheelskins" leather cover, (they have one close to the right color) and have my upholstery shop stitch it on, and then dye the center part to match the dash with the stuff I used on the dash.

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

Man, my LTD had that same color "Cadet Blue" interior. Too bad I don't still have it, because I had a brand new New Old Stock dash pad that I got from ebay for under $20 shipped.

Comment

Dash pad....

Ifixyawata,

Thanks anyway.. I already have a spare.. out of a car with only 41,000 miles.. looked like a grandmas car.. but she wrecked it in the front end and totalled it! (Already got the dash pad, radio, and some trim out of the car) Has some REALLY nice cloth door panels, but they don't match the interior on my car... DRAT!!! (And I am NOT recovering them!)

Treated the floors today with the ospho rust kill stuff... also had to dis-assemble the damn glove box door to paint the hinge, it was all rusty... seems like everytime I think I can start putting stuff together, I put two things together to 3 things I take apart.... Got the dash speakers in, and can now put the dash pad back on... thats going back in tommorow....
              Also decided since I have the whole interior out, I am going to have the headliner redone this week, while the rest is apart... I am also going to redye the door panels, while I have it all apart... might as well do the rest of the interior too!!! And then while the door panels are out, I am going to paint the edges of the doors.. and the door jambs... Oh, well, thats the nice thing about having another car... (TOM..HINT...) so you can take your time and do it right!!!
              Latest pictures....

Painting the glove box door hinge....

new Speakers in dash!
              Also have to repaint the area around the headlight switch.. the "Blue" tape, that isn't supposed to "pull" anything loose with it.. pulled the black off!!!! (Notice around the headlight switch.. I was SOOOO mad!!!)

Gauges are in..

Notice how bad the steering wheel looks.. going today to get the other dye spray for that!!!
              Dash pad goes back in next....

Tom...

Comment

Dye for steering wheel...

Checked the place today for the shoe Dye... he didn't have anything in stock close to what I needed.... Guess I'll do a real good prep on the steering wheel, and use the SEM stuff and see how it lasts.... Going to take it off the car today... it has now gotten too cold for painting outside... the high today was 40 degrees...
                Also the floor was rust treated, and as soon as it warms up enough to coat it, that will be done... if not, I may have to use my small electric heater inside the car!!!!

Tom....

Comment

Working...
                X