X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox Vortec thingies.

One of my buddies told me about this thing he found on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bette...mZ270016876299

it looks like it could work.. is it worth the 20 bucks?

No.

Comment

Double nope. Ive got one. They do make nice home fries tho.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

It is complete BS.

Comment

it is all bullshit. you wont see any increase in mileage and won't gain any power.

we've already established that the marauder airbox and maf combo is the best way to open up your air intake. if you want to waste your money on something else, that is fine, but don't expect any power gain. you're better off just not doing the intake at all if you aren't doing the marauder airbox and maf.
          2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

alright.. just asking... thanks guys.

Comment

Let me make this statement.

"If any of these 'mileage boosters', 'power adders', or whatever they are marketed under actually worked, don't you think that Ford and GM would have put them on at the factory? Especially in this age of effeiciency? Of course they would have! But those gadgets and additives do not work. Please do not waste your hard earned dollars on 'sucker bait'."

Remember the history of P.T. Barnum?

"There is a sucker born every minute." Had he been alive today, he would have said one every second.
              2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

They do absolutely nothing. Except slow the air coming in the intake.

Comment

In theory though it would work, as it cyclones the air through the intake but because well you got that violin box on the 92+ just after the intake that messes it up. I could see if you have a conical filter and maybe duals as if its sucking more air in you want to get rid of it just as fast right. Just my opinion. I thought about buying one for a bit but backed off till i get the duals.
                  1992 GrandMarquis LS
                  The boat with the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by danbraniff
                    In theory though it would work, as it cyclones the air through the intake but because well you got that violin box on the 92+ just after the intake that messes it up. I could see if you have a conical filter and maybe duals as if its sucking more air in you want to get rid of it just as fast right. Just my opinion. I thought about buying one for a bit but backed off till i get the duals.
                    It is possible that they do show improved gains on carbureted motors, but in a direct injection EFI setup where the fuel is mixed/atomized in the combustion chamber it doesn't really do anything.
                    My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
                      Ill reply to this in the flame-haus.
                      Oh, on which subject willl you be replying, how it might show gains where the fuel is atomized so far from the tip of the valve that the vortex helps increase velocity and allow for better atomization in a carbed setup?...............

Or the fact that you betrayed my trust by making private information public when it suits you?

Comment

God you love flame... your like a 3 year old sitting in a fireant nest..

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
                          God you love flame... your like a 3 year old sitting in a fireant nest..
                          Just trying to keep things on-topic. I wish you would do the same. I'm pretty sure that the name of the thread isn't "flames and fireants".

Comment

Ok Merc I understand, I dealt with it, Sphinx take it to the battlefield, it is PERFECTLY ok with me.

Comment

lets pretend it works for a second....what happens to the spinning air when it hits the TB plate? Plate acts as a stabilizer(especialy at wot) and cancels out the "Spinning Air" effect. Also watch the turbonator video with the dyno. The 96ish impala without turbonbator was dynoed 15-20 miles slower than it was with it installed.

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
                              2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

Working...
                              X