Grandma's Grocery Getter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grandma's Grocery Getter!

Most of you dont know me yet, im new here. So I thought I would give you the low down. I bought her a little over a year ago off of "Grandma" for $1500. Has some rust behind the rear weels. When I got the car it had 55k on it. Now it has 65k. Its an all stock 91 GM GS, with 2.73 open diff. It was zebarted at one time. I put new head gaskets on it and rebuilt the top end since i got it. I have a couple small mods including, reemed cats(exhaust stops at the front doors), removed smog crap, and removed ac. Added tach and water temp guage. I currently have on order, 160 Termostat, 14inch electric fan, new radiator, and new radiator hoses. I would like to put a 351 or 460 in her some day. Not looking to spend money on this motor. I run bracket on the weekend at the local track. My best et so far was a 17.50 @ 78mph. But yea here is some pics of her. Thanks for looking!

Stock 91 Merc GM GS 5.0L EFI, AOD, 2.73 Open diff
    Current Best 1/4 Mile 17.175 = 165 RWHP 190 Engine HP
    http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/15193

Welcome! Nice GMGS...I had a similar car. Ran 17.34 with it with bone stock full single exhaust. The 160 isn't really a good choice for the EFI cars though..

Get some gears, a traction lock or other limited slip diff, and the timeslips will look a bit better. Also you could toss on an HO upper and TB and gain a few ponies.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

nice work!

if you want to remove that AC bracket and relocate the coil to the fender, you can order wires for an 86 to get the long coil wire, and open up the wire harness enough to pull back the coil wiring so it will reach the fender.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Looks good.

Question, what does "it was zebarted at one time" mean?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Kinda wondering that myself? anyway good work man! She looks Clean!
          Resident diesel addict

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
            Looks good.

Question, what does "it was zebarted at one time" mean?
            Well to tell you the truth i dont think zbart under body coat did its job lol. Its not rusted out but there sure is some good ol' cancer under its belly. I guess thats normal?

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
              Welcome! Nice GMGS...I had a similar car. Ran 17.34 with it with bone stock full single exhaust. The 160 isn't really a good choice for the EFI cars though..

Get some gears, a traction lock or other limited slip diff, and the timeslips will look a bit better. Also you could toss on an HO upper and TB and gain a few ponies.

Mine would run 17.3's but im 6'5 325lbs lol.

Comment

welcome to to gmn your car looks just like mine except mine a gs and have turbines but welcome

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by Grandma91quis
                  Mine would run 17.3's but im 6'5 325lbs lol.
                  Ah, I'm 185...Means the car rus pretty darn good then. Most people run 18's....
                  Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Welcome! Very nice merc

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Nice car!
                      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd
                        Ah, I'm 185...Means the car rus pretty darn good then. Most people run 18's....
                        Yes it runs very good. Acording to the HP calculator it has 154 HP to the rear wheels and 181 at the flywheel. Most people laugh at my timeslips till they realize the car wieghts 4146 with me in it lol.

Comment

Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X