Car Died for no reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Died for no reason

Ok I drove my 2000 3 hours no problem on the interstate. I had sat at several stop lights when I got into town no problem. But I sat at a light several blocks from my house and it started shuttering for a second or two and died. I put it in neutral and it cranked over no problem. It ran a tiny bit rough so I kept on the gas alittle to insure it wouldn't stall out again. So I got it home popped the hood and nothing looked wet or anything. I did drive about a hour in the rain. It almost felt like a fuel delivery issue or as if I unplugged a vacuum hose. It isn't a vacuum problem because it ran fine before and after. It died so fast and didn't give me any warning at all. I have had for awhile now a serious bogging issue when the car is cold. Once it gets up to normal operating temp it is better. Some days if it is cooler out it won't bog down at all when it is cold. It is only on take from a stop that is bogs. Could these two things be related? I drove it today no problems. I checked for codes nothing. It got what is usually gets on the interstate for gas mileage and I just changed out the fuel filter last month. What do you guys think?
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Check your TPS voltage. Mine was way out of whack and caused my car to run like ass, but the computer wasn't throwing a code for it.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I just put in a new TPS also not that long ago.

Comment

I had the same problem when i changed my intake...It might be a Air Temp Sensor..
        R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
        Originally posted by MeanVic84
        Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

New doesn't mean better.
          Do you have a Chilton/Haynes? It should have a troubleshooting section.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
          1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
          1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

use Xcal2 to scan the motor if it hasn't been too long ago

2005 Legacy GT *13.5 @ 96MPH*
            2003 Mercury Marauder *Totaled*

Comment

IAC?
              My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Originally posted by mercenvy
                IAC?
                yeah clean that too

Comment

Ya I scanned it today with my xcal 2. Nothing. You know my IAC is funky. In the winter it will do the typical die on cold starts but it wasn't too bad yet. I was going to replace that this coming winter, so maybe I will look into that sooner now.

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
                    Ya I scanned it today with my xcal 2. Nothing. You know my IAC is funky. In the winter it will do the typical die on cold starts but it wasn't too bad yet. I was going to replace that this coming winter, so maybe I will look into that sooner now.
                    Well good luck with that. I was disappointed to hear that you were having problems and couldn't make the trip to Scottfest. Hope you get it fixed, mang.
                    My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Ive said it before and I"ll say it again, your car is alive. It was afraid you'd like a box better than it at scottfest. Also your IAC does the same shit mine does.
                      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I think so Chris.lol Ya I will have to replace to sob and go from there.

Comment

Could it be water in the gas? ( Have you been anywhere latley that has had there fuel prices lower then the rest of the Fuel people?)

Dark.
                          People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight
                            Could it be water in the gas? ( Have you been anywhere latley that has had there fuel prices lower then the rest of the Fuel people?)

Dark.
                            If it was sunoco, they most likely just passed it off as V-Power additives

Comment

Working...
                            X