I guess I am new HERE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I am new HERE

Some of you may remember me. I had the 1988 GM with the dumb coach roof option that I tore off and put a Crown Vic front clip on. Well that car is slowly dying as I traded my brother for his Toyota Pick-up. I have an opportunity to buy a 1998 CV here in MN that is an Ex-Squad car. I'm looking forward to it and hope to be doing some build up on it. It's black Exterior with only chrome trim around the windows, dual spotlights and a dark grey interior. Anything specific I should look for when I go get it and start changing things? Quick Mods? Common problems? A special thanks goes out to GMGT for hooking me back up with my log in stats!
    "Owning a 9-second Import is like coming out of the closet.... At first it may be surprising, but in the end, you're still gay!"

www.myspace.com/nascarmechanic

Welcome back, mang!!!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Welcome. The only real problem is the intake manifold cracking. Check to see if yours has been replaced with one that has the aluminum crossover on it.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Hello....
        Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
        RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
        Originally posted by p71towny
        Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
        :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

Welcome mang!!

Off Topic

How hard was it to rip off the coach roof? Was there any glue holding it on? And is the headliner the same between the coach roofs and regular sedans? I have all the parts to make the swap except for a few interior panels. I gotta get the cash to paint the car first tho.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

hello fellow minnesotian

Comment

PM sent about the coach roof.

How many on here are from Minnesota? I remember years ago on crownvic.net I tried to see if anyone went to Midway, but at that time not many were around here.
              "Owning a 9-second Import is like coming out of the closet.... At first it may be surprising, but in the end, you're still gay!"

Comment

Welcome!
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

You know what sucks? When you get your hopes up over buying a newer CV and the fucker lies and says he sold it to someone else. I bought an F-250 instead, but I'll still be on here

Comment

Originally posted by FordInPossession
                    You know what sucks? When you get your hopes up over buying a newer CV and the fucker lies and says he sold it to someone else. I bought an F-250 instead, but I'll still be on here

That sucks mang. What year F-250 did ya get?

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

1994, extended cab, long box 4X4, class 5 hitch, contractors boxes, needs tires, but whatever, I can use it for whatever I need to

Comment

welcome back mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

back to GMN!!!

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                          Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                          5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

are you they guy who did a box bumper tuck??? got any info you can share on this???
                            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Fordinator on CVU tucked in the rear bumper on his wagon, if that's what youre thinkin of.
                              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Working...
                              X