Keyhole lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyhole lights

My keyhole lights are on full time. Nothing else is on. They should only go on when the handle is lifted, correct? So maybe the little wire that runs to the handle is the culprit? Just asking before I rip my doors apart again...

Anyone got ideas?

I would really like to see a picture of this imfamous key hole light.

Comment

Is your domelight on?
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

If I had a camera Id snap a pic of my vics.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I was about to say no, but in fact it was on, just burnt out. The problem was the closed door sensor on the passenger side rear door. Fixed. Maybe now my battery will charge.

Comment

Hey Blaze, they look like this

The keyhole trim is thicker than the non-lighted ones, and the tan/white area right around the key lights up. I can't get a pic of it lit at night tho, camera isn't sensitive enough.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Can that be changed to a blue LED?.....oh Pete!

Comment

Thain, what do I need to install those? Also is it pretty much a plug-and-play install like most upgrades for the base-level Townies, or I'll have to do some wiring myself?

Comment

Im sure they can be fit with LEDs

I bet the lock cylinder housing will slip on the hole, but you will need to have wiring for the light and the door handle switch. Not to mention the illuminated entry module itself.
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Pete, since I have a Town Car I am spared from lots pf the wiring stuff you CV and MGM owners have to do - in most cases harness is already right there, just needs to be plugged into something.

Comment

I started looking into adding the lighted ones, and i will be sometime soon. It is a little more involved than i originally thought because there is an entire little box that connects to the handle to activate them when it is lifted, plus all the wiring. Hopefully a nice blue LED could be put in though.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

LED would take some work. I grabbed a few to experiment on. They are a sealed unit, that you can take apart, (pop the metal case off), but they don't go back together so well. It's the back together part that is hard. I did get mine back together with some patience, so it can be done.

I would want to replace the plastic inside with something more clear....

Comment

I'm pretty sure those were clearer when they were new
                          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
                            Pete, since I have a Town Car I am spared from lots pf the wiring stuff you CV and MGM owners have to do - in most cases harness is already right there, just needs to be plugged into something.
                            Yep, the plugs are there in the door. Mine were taped back to the wiring harness but it was really easy to find. They don't work as an illuminated entry thing tho. Mine only light up when the interior lights are on, meaning once the door is already open or I turn the light switch.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                              They don't work as an illuminated entry thing tho. Mine only light up when the interior lights are on, meaning once the door is already open or I turn the light switch.
                              Which means they are preactically useless, as to open the door you need to first use the key to unlock it. By the way, Dereck said these are part of the keyless entry system, it would be nice if they work without it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X