PRE OBD to OBD2 conversion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRE OBD to OBD2 conversion?

Is it possible to do this on my 92? and is it worth it?
    1992 GrandMarquis LS
    The boat with the sound.

I don't think it would be worth it, although, Im not sure what all you would have to do. Hell, you can punch your converters now and not have to have a chip burned. You could still advance your timing with a steeda timing adjuster, throw on underdrives, and a few other small details.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

You'd need a lot of wiring, and probably all new sensors for everything. I seriously doubt its worth the vast amounts of work involved.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Answer to question #1: Anything is possible with hard work and $$$!!

Answer to question #2: Personally I prefer the '92-'94 Marquis body style to the '95-97. That being said...the suspension changes in the '95 model year, along with the better 4R70W transmission and OBD-II engine controls simply make them a better (aka..easier) candidate if you want to make serious changes. Only you know if it's worth it to you to keep the '92.

Ray
        Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
        Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Marquis
          Personally I prefer the '92-'94 Marquis body style to the '95-97.

Ray

+65,000!
          My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Well I payed 800ca for it and i mean its my nanas old car she now drives a 99 GS and theres only like 132000 on it wiht no rust still brand new. S oI was just wondering what I could easily do to it engine wise as well to dress it up.
            1992 GrandMarquis LS
            The boat with the sound.

Comment

The "easy" things you can do the stock motor won't net much gain sadly. The biggest improvement you could make for HP would be to lose the factory 4-cat set-up for a pair of hi-flow converters. Then open up the rest of the exhaust to 2.25" with good flowing mufflers.

The most restrictive part of the pre-'96 4.6L is the intake design. If you up date to the newer plastic intake you'll gain a little power (even more HP if you go with a PI intake from an '01-up). The problem is a major amount of re-wiring and relocation of control parts.
              Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
              Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

Working...
              X