HO donor vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HO donor vehicles

Just so I can expand my junkyard search, what other vehicles came with a 5.0 HO?
    So far i've been asking for the following:
    86 or newer Mark 7
    86 or newer Mustang
    92-93 Thunderbird.

Anything else I can add to the list? Would certain engines be better than others? THis will be going into an 86 Town Car. Also, will any PCM from an HO engine work, or do I need a specific one to fit into my Townie? Thanks in advance.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Not just any mark 7, but it has to be an LSC...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

most 88-92 bill blass marks have ho's
      the 86 ho has e6 heads and flat top pistons
      i think 91 t-birds had the ho optional
      91-93 cougars
      95-00 explorer

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Awesome. I hate getting told "too old" as soon as I mention I'm looking for parts out of an 80s vintage vehicle. I'll start asking for Exploder engines. Will the HO's stock headers match up to my TC's stock exhaust, or will I be taking a trip to the local exhaust shop with open headers? I'll still need an older OBD1 PCM, right?
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

open header is teh win :slug: :slug: :slug:

i had an 89 chevy celebrity that was open header and that fuggin thing would actually shake windows at idle. all it had was the 2.8. i drove it till the temp tag ran out and then i gave it to my friend cause i got christine at that point. 3 days aafter my friend registers it, it overheats big time. the water pump was being turned backwards neither of us ever did any work on it, cept check the oil and such. i didn't have to put a belt on or anything, so how the hell did that happen, i'll never know. chebbys are weird
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

I ran open header on my Beetle from time to time. The muffler had an annoying habit of falling off, or the header would bottom out leaving a parking lot and disconnect itself from the front two cylenders. I actually ran it without the header at all once. It sounded like an airplane. Going from 3/4 throttle to WOT would make it slow down. I took the header off to replace the gaskets and then had to get to work. Ah good times.

Comment

Working...
            X