Another FNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another FNG

Just found out about this place thanks to freshmeat who sent me the link on CVN. Have an 89 CV that my son and I are just starting to fix up. Any ideas will always be appreciated. Should have pics to post soon. I'm just a dirty minded ol man...so be nice....lol

what year is your Vic and was it a police car at one time? and what engine do you have and what is your plans? I love them Vic's we have a 1989 crown Victoria police car with the 5.0 and a 89 grand Marquis. I would look to the police models for performance and mercury fur luxury. Good luck
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

He said '89...lol.

Welcome to GMN ol man!
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

oop's lol how did I miss that

Comment

Welcome!!!
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Thanks all. Nope, not a police. 89 LTD with all the vacume crap and a 5.0 and AOD. It was a daily driver almost 2 yrs ago when I parked it. Needed some tlc and didn't have the $$ or the time to mess with it. Now have a 17 yo son who wants it.
            Plan to start with a full tune up (plugs, wires, oil change etc). Have done alot of reading lately. Seems I better try to find this PCV screen and clean it as well. Need to rebuild the driver side window motor and fix the climate control. It has the ATC but found a manual setup on ebay. Just have to figure out what needs to be swaped there.
            I have a lot of learning to do, so really glad to have been pointed toward this site. So get ready for the ???'s, they're not far behind.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun

Comment

Howdy.....
                Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
                RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
                Originally posted by p71towny
                Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
                :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

Hi there :-D, do you have a CFI?
                  People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight
                    Hi there :-D, do you have a CFI?
                    Not even sure what CFI is. Ran a little short on cash due to some other honey do projects that I was finishing. Will start on the vic today, Thur. Plan is to just get it running and then make it a work in progress as we have the $$.

Comment

welcome to gmn!
                      no dark only 85-82 have cfi........86-91 boxes and 86-90 townies are efi

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

to the forums.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                          Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                          5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X