2003 Mercury GMLS Brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 Mercury GMLS Brake light

!Hello Mangs~! here I am with the first doubt or problem with the new "M" Panther, When i'm driving sometimes when I step quick the brake pedal the "brake light" goes on for a little moment and then goes off ¿which can cause thie light goes on? any answers thank you Mangs. :led:

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF ??????????
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Need clarification
    what do you mean by "brake light"?

A light on the dash?
    2000 Grand Marquis LS
    2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
    1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
    1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
    Mercury Owners Group member
    Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark
      Need clarification
      what do you mean by "brake light"?

A light on the dash?
      Yes mang the the light that indicates something is wrong on the brake mechanism. clear.

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF ?????????
      MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

What's the mileage?
        2000 Grand Marquis LS
        2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
        1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
        1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
        Mercury Owners Group member
        Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Sniper I read that if more pedal travel is sensed in a shorter than usual period of time the sensor will trigger the ABS to come on. Only reason I say that is because you say it happens when you step "quick" on the brake pedal. Does it happen when you apply the brakes slowly and steadily or only when you stab the brakes quickly? I know it's obvious but have you checked the fluid, made sure the cap is tight on the master cylinder. There is a sensor in the cap and if the cap isn't tight then it could be that...hard to diagnose over the net but it could be a loose wire or something like that also.
          My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

MERCENVY Mang the light only goes on when I step harder the pedal but I solved the problem it was the reservoir that was a little low so I pour some of Prestone Brke fluid and I do a test no more brke light but I will soon do a flushing to the mechanism and fill with new Valvoline brke fluid. Thank you all for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper308
              MERCENVY Mang the light only goes on when I step harder the pedal but I solved the problem it was the reservoir that was a little low so I pour some of Prestone Brke fluid and I do a test no more brke light but I will soon do a flushing to the mechanism and fill with new Valvoline brke fluid. Thank you all for the quick response.

Sniper-

Glad that you found the problem and it was an easy fix. Good to hear from you.
              My car is a Shelby SVT Cobra GT Boss Grand Marquis Type R

Comment

Thanks Mang soon I will post regularly again my work is very hard now i'm back on it but I still checking the threads everyday.

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF ?????????

Comment

I ahd same thing happen in my03 vic ....fluid low...would only come on for brief sec on a hard stop...( Not ABS )
                  President He Man Woman Haters Club

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,But rather skid in broadside,Thourghly used up totaly worn out & loudly proclaiming...WOW WHAT A RIDE!!!

http://www.myspace.com/dabearsplace

Comment

Working...
                  X