98 Town Car heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 Town Car heater

Hey guys. I'm lurking over here, from the Box forum for a co-worker. He has a 98 Towny, and his heater core is leaking. What we need to know is, is how to do this, what are the shortcuts, pit falls, etc. I did mine in my 89 GM in about two hours, but we're talking about a 10 year difference, plus the airbag, and anything else that might blow up in my face. The guy who disconnected it, also disconnected some wiring and stuff (F#@%^@# Floridians!!!), so I've got a little bit of a job ahead of me. Thanks ahead of time, Mike

By what I can gather, its about 99% the same. I checked for how to do the blend door, and it details pulling the dash apart in the same way as the 80s box models.

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00020.html

THe blend door should be mounted right on the side of the heater core box, so it should become clear once you get to that point. I'd suggest a new blend door actuator while you're in there as they are failure prone and cuase random AC and heat issues when it fails.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
    X