TPS Calibration Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPS Calibration Question

Ok I see how this is done but my main question is how do you probe the wires. Some say a needle and others say you can use a paper clip. Also the wires I am probing are the wires that are coming off the connector that connect to the TPS correct? See thanks to Drock he said that they need to be calibrated and I had no idea as I thought it was pull the old one off and simply put the new one back on. The old one that was on there was not a factory part so it was replaced at one point before I bought it. The car never was right throttle wise with the power it put down and I am hoping this fixes it.

Thanks guys.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Whatever works. Yes, the wires coming off the TPS. The paper clip is good for sticking into the connector, the needle for going through the insulation into the wire.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Ok awsome that is all I needed. I will try to do it as soon as I get off work.

Comment

Your car should allow for no adjustment Only 5.0s could be moved. Hell, I took my tps off and drilled it out to see if it would do anything by adjusting it.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
          Your car should allow for no adjustment Only 5.0s could be moved. Hell, I took my tps off and drilled it out to see if it would do anything by adjusting it.
          Not true, my 2.3 actually had adjustment slots in the factory TPS. Never had to adjust it though! The 5.0 just barely has any adjustment either..Kinda wierd.

Comment

Ya I am prepared to drill some slots in it. I will see what it is sitting at first voltage wise obviously.

Comment

Well shit, I just did it and it is reading .97 volts at idle and 4.63 volts at WOT so I doubt that fucking issue is the tps calibration. The search continues....

Comment

Ya know its wierd, when I adjusted mine, it changed the idle and how quickly it reved, but after a day of driving it was back to stock?? I think OBDII compensates for adjustments or some shit.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

yup they do. They adjust it to keep it in a specific range.

Comment

Working...
                  X