Front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front end

Well I findly finished me front end a couple of months ago. Put Eibach racing srings,02 pi shocks,new pittman ,idler arm, balljoints which my I say I 'd rather hit myself in the ball's than do those again.All in all it only took me about 13 hrs..She is stiff as a weddingdick now.Time to do the rear next.I have the same kind of srings for the rear.They where for my buddy's SS Impala;hope they fit....
    91 w/ 5.0 with eibach springs for a SS Impala ,hd police shocks on front w/big brake uprade,rear shocks for F-150 HD. Dual s w/ glass packs, 15X8 A/R Wheels 5% Tint on rear.http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...l.php?id=11699sigpic

What are the specs of those Eibach springs, as in free height and spring rate? I assume they are lowering springs, no? RWD Chevy Impala rear coils should work in your Crown Vickie, it's a real easy swap there really. Another thing - get a set of lower sidewall H-rated tires all around, and when given the time switch to poly bushings in the front control arms. Do you have the big swaybars already?

Comment

The springs are alittle lower than the old ones by about 2 1/2 ".As for the weight I don't know but they are stiff 800-900lbs I guess.Thanks on the info on the tires I hope to get a set of 16 x 9 soon and no I do not have a rear sway yet I can't find one.I want a pi swaybar about 1 5/8 or as big as I can get.As for the poly bus. I can't seem to find any for or cars.I assume they don't make them specific for the pathers???
      91 w/ 5.0 with eibach springs for a SS Impala ,hd police shocks on front w/big brake uprade,rear shocks for F-150 HD. Dual s w/ glass packs, 15X8 A/R Wheels 5% Tint on rear.http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...l.php?id=11699sigpic

Comment

800-900 isn't THAT stiff. Did you do control arm bushings?

The biggest rear bar is 1" from the factory. Read the Sticky for the bushing info....
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

No not yet but it's coming.My wife will only let me blow so much $$$.( as she say's). It's ok for her to buy shoes and shit but for me to buy for my car

Comment

LOL, I don't know what that's like... Blew 10K in that last year on my wagon...
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

10k?! :jawdrop:
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by midwestLTD
                No not yet but it's coming.My wife will only let me blow so much $$$.( as she say's). It's ok for her to buy shoes and shit but for me to buy for my car
                New shoes she can walk
                Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Where'd ya find the Eibach springs? I thought those went out of production liek 4 yrs ago.
                  Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

A friend of mine gave them to me. He is a chevy gooruu; I don't hold that aginst him though he know's his shit..Give him a car and bamm he into in like fly on shit..

Comment

Working...
                    X