No brake lamps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No brake lamps?

Hello everyone, I havn't been able to update much becuase of a severe lack of free time...but now I'm having a problem.

My brake lamps will not illuminate when I hit the brake pedal. The tail lights still work with the emergency flashers, turn signals, and running lights. I checked fuses number one, and four, and neither were burned out.

My dad mentioned something about an "intermediate" switch in the steering column. Is this related to the problem? Thanks!
    You can take the man out of the Crown Vic, but you can't take the Crown Vic out of the man.

theres a brake light switch on the brake pedal assembly......that is mostlikely bad or unplugged

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

:stupid:
      '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
      '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

After markey brake light switches have thinner metal were the arm contacts it. If you realy hit the brakes hard they bend and dont contact properlly. The Ford oness do it to but not as easy. All the newrer ones have been cheepened up though.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Yes, do not buy an aftermarket one. Go to the Ford dealer an pick one up. I tried 2 from AutoZone and Advance on my '89 a couple years back and had no luck...went to the Ford dealer and got one, still working.
          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

New switch solved the problem. It sure was a PITA to figure out, though. I'm used to fiddling with ones on newer Chevrolets...
            You can take the man out of the Crown Vic, but you can't take the Crown Vic out of the man.

Comment

Working...
            X