351 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

351 Build

Well, I guess I'm kinda new here. I've been on cvn for a while now, but the box tech is better here. Anyway, I recently got a 351 to rebuild for my '87. I got some ported E7's today (for $100, oh yeah!) I plan on doing a 4 barrell setup for the intake. Right now, I need to have the block and heads cleaned up; from there I can look towards intakes, carbs, cams, and all the other fun stuff. My question to yall is what are the ones with 351's here running? It's not gonna be a true DD, but I will make some decent length (~5 hours) road trips in it occasionally. Where should I go with this?

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
    1994 Lincoln Town Car
    2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Find out what the heads flow. Someone near you should be aable to do one or two ports fro 50 to 75 dollars. Then you know what you have. I have flow tested many SBF intakes and can tell you what would work best and what cam.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Matt- just so you know...
      turbo's good on numbers and stuff like that and DuceAnAHalf's a wiz when it comes to carbs.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Cool, I'll get some flow numbers asap. Most likely this week.

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
        1994 Lincoln Town Car
        2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Comment

I got an intake, mainly because of the good deal. It is a Weiand Stealth.http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=110033067386&ih =001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

2004 Crown Vic LX (Sold)
          1994 Lincoln Town Car
          2002 F250 CC 4x4 Diesel

Comment

If your ported heads by chance flowed as good as our stage 1s 220 CFM at .5 lift. The intake you just purchased would flow about 170. A Vr Jr flows about 210 You just lost 70ish HP with a .500 lift cam. If your heads only flow say 180 you have a good match. If your heads flow say 155 you jjust lost a lot of torq and power because your manifold is to big.
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
            X