Clear All

suspension

going to start working on my suspension. here's wat i wanted to do:

1)front: new stock coil springs OR police interceptor coils
    2)front: monroe sensatrac shocks OR gabriel hi-jacker shocks
    3)rear: police interceptor coil springs OR cargo/stationwagon coils
    4)rear: gabriel hi-jacker air adjustable shocks

what do you guys think/recommend?
    like ive mentioned before, i have some mad weight in my trunk wit my audio system back there. thats why i wanna redo all my suspension and get rid of da booty sag in my vic but still have my system in there. theres about a 100lb-150lbs in weight of speakers back there.

Why do you want Hi-Jackers in the front? Besides I can tell you right now they won't fit the usual way, if there is even place for them in the coil you'll have to drop them from the top, before you install the springs back in their seats in the frame - have fun with that Really man, what are you going for with the new suspension?

Comment

I doubt they make hijackers for the front...Only rear apps.

Stock coils are a tad soft, I'd go with PI's
      KYB shocks or Ford PI replacements
      Cargo coils for the rear
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

well i just wanna give it a nice stock height lift b/c of my rear saggin from my subs. i do want PI everything but getting them here locally is kinda hard. and online i cant really find them for my car. i have found both front and back spring coils for a PI dat will fit my car. as for shocks i havent made my mind yet. i wanna get all four da same so i can get a nice ride and lift to it. i want all PI shocks and springs to have da official PI suspension.
        main thing here is dat i want something dat is a direct replacement. i hate to say it but i dont have all da tools you guys have to modify or upgrade our cars so other parts can fit.

Comment

Swapping springs and shocks are easy, no mod stuff. Unbolt and swap. In the for sale section there is a sticky for ford parts....They have good prices on the stock ford parts. (ie PI stuff)
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I might be selling my front springs before too long. They'll give you probably 3/4-1" extra height in the front. Match them with wagon springs in the back to level the car. I plan on going back to stock springs.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i got my front springs from oreilieys, there moog part# 80090, 98-02 pi springs, i searched online for a while found plenty of sites that list em but no one could actually get them to me, it took 3 days at oreilieys, $89 + $10 shipping, me and a friend did the swap, nothing to difficult of course you will have to get an alignment after the swap, im satisfied with the ride height, maybe a little lower would have been better, it does ride pretty firm, very little bounce after a bump, such as going over a bridge or something, if you do swap to these make sure to take out the rubber stopper at the upper control arm, some of my ride stiffness maybe due to that not being out, forgot to remove it, but all in all its a good ride, check it out in the readers rides under 1991 fully loaded, bout halfway down the page i put the front spring pic on there.
              the rears i did the wagon coils, you deffinatly cant go wrong with that choice dont know much bout the pi rear coils.
              :merk:

Comment

Working...
              X