X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 14inch wheels fit on my car

wondering if 14" cragar s/s would fit on my car cheapest s/s wheels are 14s
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Yes, they came from the factory with 14". Just don't plan on doing any brake upgrades.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Yup, I got some for free. You can still do the rear disc tho.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Why would you want 14's it would make the car handle bad in the twisty's you would have a hell of alott of side wall to flex why not just go with 15's on up? tires arnt THAT expensive are they?
        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

I think you need 15" for rear disc. If you have 11" rear drums, then you also cannot use 14" wheels. Cheap does not always mean better. Spend some cash, get at least a 15" wheel. More sidewall = more flex and poopy handling.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What's with all the sidewall flex? All depends on the tire he is gonna use.

Comment

Not all tires are the same diameter with a 14 as a 15. Anyone wanting 14s I have some 245 and 265 BFGs with good tread.
              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

My S/S's are 14's.....
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

yeah i knew that but didnt now if there was something different from 87 to 83 in brake options that would le you have smaller wheels
                  sigpic
                  1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

No brake changes until 1992, at least for vics and marquis's

Comment

You just have to check whether you have 10" or 11" drums. Probably your car has 10" drums. 85MercPark has original 14" wheels on his station wagon.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have 11"
                        sigpic

Comment

11" drums and rear discs wont fit
                          why?? 14" tires suck

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

You suck :p
                            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

its tru tho 14 blow that is what I got on the capri
                              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                              X