Considering New Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering New Wheels

I'm considering getting new wheels for my Grand Marq, but I'm not all too familiar with brands and all for wheels. What's a good brand that I could trust and not break the bank with? Maybe some aluminum alloy wheels to replace my stock steel ones?

sigpic
    - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

I've got a set of explorer wheels that I had on my old vic.

The most common wheel brands I see around here are Ford, Cragar, and American Racing. Tirerack.com or tires.com have a good selection, kinda pricey though.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Hey MRMarquis, check out PepBoys, they have a good selection and a few cheap ones. Also, discouttiredirect.com sells some good wheels at a low price. I have bought from both that site and PepBoys and got good quality at a low price. Sears stores also have a good selection and often have sales. I bought wheels for a Tacoma I used to own from Sears and they were the best of all the wheels I ever bought.
      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Sorry it took so long...Celaned one of them up a bit..
        Attached Files

Comment

American Racing Click on Wheel Visualization.

American Racing wheels are expensive usually, but check out the link to see what style of wheel you think looks good on your car.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Not a problem Mr. LTD. It sure does look purdy.

Okay y'all, whadda you think?

Before or After?
            Attached Files

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie
              American Racing Click on Wheel Visualization.

American Racing wheels are expensive usually, but check out the link to see what style of wheel you think looks good on your car.
              Dude, that is awesome! I have to play around with this for a while. Thank you.

sigpic

Comment

I like this one.
                Attached Files
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie
                  I like this one.
                  They don't look bad.

I like these a lot.
                  Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

I like the ones Tiggie picked too. The other ones look like truck wheels. Didn't Rangers have very similar wheels at one point?
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, they did, though there was something with the number of holes (10 vs. 8). Don't get those wheels though, everyone and their mom has them already - Roach III sports them in his black TC, Montey on his GM, I'm sure we have a Vic with them too.

Comment

I don't really like any so far...the one's Tiggie picked would be my choice tho.
                        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Ugh, why does everyone like those damn outlaw style wheels...Very common, ranger, jeep and chevy all used very similar style ones too.

Comment

I like these also...The Trakstar S/S wheels. They look pretty slick.
                            Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

i'd get 98-02 hhp's..........they look awesome on a box!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X