92 CV and a 92 MGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 CV and a 92 MGM

Theres a car for sale here its a 92 CV with 88000km on it with a rusted out body... what parts are interchangeable between the 92 MGM and CV? other then interior
    1992 GrandMarquis LS
    The boat with the sound.

I know doors I think hood. for sure the engine parts

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Damn near the same car.
      Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

I figured that but thought before i buy it just double check I know I will be using it for mainly the tranny and engine. But if anyone wants parts just let me know. Everythings good but the underbody.
        1992 GrandMarquis LS
        The boat with the sound.

Comment

you can swap pretty much everything but the Vin plate, unless you wanna be illegal.

Comment

The rear doors, rear door panels, all rear windows, headliner, c-pillar covers, front fenders, front fascia parts won't interchange

The front fascia and fenders will if you swap all of the fascia items over (make your GMQ nose to a CV nose)
            -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
            My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
            Modifications
            Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Yeah im not really a big fan of the look of the CV of the GM only because the cpillar rear window as well as the front fascia design. which is odd. but yeah mostly im buying it for the tranny, and engine as well as interior. not that mine is trashed or anythign just im in the midst of redoing it will post pics if sun shines tomorow though.
              1992 GrandMarquis LS
              The boat with the sound.

Comment

If you want to use the engine and tranny from one to another, you need to make sure both are made after 2/92, or both were before 2/92. The tranny went from AOD to AODE about 2/12/92 IIRC.

Comment

Thanks I havent gotten the car yet still waiting for her to mention something about selling it as shes and elderly lady. Sorry about the pics havent had tinme off yet.
                  1992 GrandMarquis LS
                  The boat with the sound.

Comment

Working...
                  X