My 2003 CVPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2003 CVPI

Bought it.. been enjoying it too much to be on here lol..

Okay so anyway.. things ive noticed.

- Sometimes when start, I hear a knocking sound (Heared it is normal)

- Idles high on start-up (Heared it is normal)

- Power steering was sticking correcting after a turn (havent noticed it lately)

I need a list of things I should go over to make sure my car is in exellent operating condition.

Also.. I was gonna have a new exaust set up as:

Shorty Headers

Fast Flow Cats

H-Pipe

Flow 40 Series

2.5 pipe

Is that a good combo on the vic?

I've heard shorty headers aren't worth the trouble and expense.

Don't wreck this one racing.

Comment

You have a 03, save up $1200 and get some Kooks long tube headers. Shortys really don't do anything on these cars.
      2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

wtf is a Flow 40 Series

Comment

Flowmaster 40 series mufflers.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
            Flowmaster 40 series mufflers.
            Precicely

Is it even worth putting the long headers on? or should I just throw on the fast flow cats and the flow 40's?

Comment

The binding steering might be bad balljoints. What kind of mileage is on this one?

The clatter/knock is possibly the timing chains making noise before the tensioners pump up to take the slack out.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Also, the sound could be piston slap. I think some of the newer mod motors had piston slap which is normal.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Nick
                  88 Colony Park LS
                  G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                  Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                    The binding steering might be bad balljoints. What kind of mileage is on this one?

The clatter/knock is possibly the timing chains making noise before the tensioners pump up to take the slack out.

Should I just put an H pipe and the flowmasters on it? I mean... is it really even worth the trouble right now?

Also.. if I get Mustang Bullit rims.. will I have to reset the speed calibration?

Comment

Exhaust work is always worth it. Stock exhaust sucks.

If you end up with a wheel/tire combo that ends up being pretty close to equal the stock height, you're fine. Its only when the overall diameter of the tire changes you have trouble.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                        Exhaust work is always worth it. Stock exhaust sucks.

If you end up with a wheel/tire combo that ends up being pretty close to equal the stock height, you're fine. Its only when the overall diameter of the tire changes you have trouble.
                        understood.. so any exaust work is better? or a complete exaust is recommended?

Comment

long tube headers for 2000 mustang, would they fit on the 2000 grand marquis

Comment

okay... sometimes when im prolly in second or third gear.. and i floor it to the kick down... it jerks hard.. as its slipping out of gear or something.. this also happend in my 2000.. is it normal?

Comment

Probably just a rough downshift?

RE exhaust, depends how much money you have to spend and what you want to do. You can probably have a custom exhaust using full headers and all, or just do stock duals with better mufflers and bigger tailpips for a lot less money.

Comment

Working...
                              X