transmission issues...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transmission issues...

i was wondering if it is an easy fix, or if i need to take Deuce in. he is acting like he tops out around 85-90mph. i dont know if he is shifting into OD or not. when i am doing 60, and touch the gas, he lurches like he is in drive. so little time, and not enough patience. i am gonna have to tear him down over the winter months and work little by little. first off is the engine situation, then the transmission. then i will get to the bodywork and mods. i figured i should take care of the little things first before upgrades. any ideas why Deuce is topping out so soon. Deuce has 3.27 gears in the rear according to the door. i am gonna have to look at the tag on the rearend.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Have you taken it out of overdrive when it feels like that and put it in regular drive to see if it down shifts? That would tell you right there.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Check the tv cable, the grommet on the TB could be disconnected. I have a 3.27 open in my 2 door and with the stock tv settings, it shifted into od around 36mph under light throttle and 42 around normal acceleration. With it set at wot, it shifts into OD around 40-42 under light throttle and 45-50mph under normal/harder accleration.

Your gear indicatior could be inaccurate also, my 2 door's currently is right now. OD is actually in-between R and N in my car and regular D is between N and D.
      Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
      2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
      Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
      Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Count the shifts and note thier speeds when driving on a long flat road without a lot of traffic. Also +1 on making sure its actually in OD. Count the clicks on the shifter when putting it in gear.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X