Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance

i have a 2000 grand marquis, ive done a couple things to it like the superchips tuner n air intake, i wanna add some headers to. but what i wanna know would it be better to just geta mustang engine or keep adding things on to my engine

Your car has the same engine as a 96-98 mustang. The 99+ mustangs had 4.6's with PI heads which gave extra performance. Panthers got them in 2001. You could swap in the PI engine or just do a pi head swap on your current engine. So you do have the same engine as a stang.
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I could also port your heads better flow than ported PIs and use a PI intake
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Yeah as said above, you have the exact same engine as a 96-98 Mustang GT. There is no reason to look to another engine. If you really want to make more power, swap on a PI intake manifold and PI cams.

Unless you have a blower or nitrous, headers won't make that much of a difference. If you don't have dual exhaust from the factory, you can find the parts you need at a junkyard to make yours dual exhaust for cheap.
        Last edited by BigTomZ; 10-10-2006, 06:03 PM.
        2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336322

Friends don't let friends drive donk.

Comment

i have dual flowmasters, so i can get parts from a 96-98 mustang engine? what pi intake manifold should i get? will i have to change my fuel injection n stuff when i do that? some long tube headers wouldnt make a difference?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2357004
          Last edited by mouse3; 10-11-2006, 09:05 AM.

Comment

You can also use the Bullet Mustang intake. I recomend porting the heads 1200.00 retaining the stock cams. Select your manifold it changes your port match. The Bullet manifold can also be ported. Long tube headers would be best with these mods. An adjustable fuel pressure regulator will be needed.

Comment

yes you can use many parts from a 96-98 mustang engine. they are no different or better than what you already have though.

the cheapest and easiest way to wake your car up is to get the marauder airbox/maf combo and get a good custom computer tune.

With these 2 ton cars you would need to make around 300hp (about 80 over stock) to run with even a stock 96-98 mustang gt.

Comment

1200 is for the works. If you just stick with stock valves, guides, retainers keepers, springs the port and seat work can be done for 700.00. The PI intake cant be ported. The Bullet manifold should be port matched cost 200.00 full port of the Bullet is 450. Still retain your stock cams. Do what TomZ says and you will have a massive power increase with no low RPM power loss and economy improvement.

Comment

what if i get a marauder air intake will that make a difference with the mass air flow, will that fit?

Comment

you can get a marauder airbox and maf together as a combo. they work well and do fit. they fit best with the 04 P71 zip tube. you will need a computer tune but it is a good mod for some extra horses.

Comment

Working...
                    X