Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o2 sensor

Hey mang's not sure where to post this either but it deals with fuel :-D

Umm. well im getting really pissed at Summit, due to not wanting to take my forum of payment and also not even answeering my questions.

Any how so im thinking about getting my exhaust work done at a shop just a h pipe and 2 mufflers for now..

Any how on top of that i will still be worried about my O2 sensor due to i read where how you can crack the Manifold quick by taking them loose... Grr...

So my question is this. Whats the best way to take it off? and is a Universale o2 sensor worth a shit?

Will PB blaster help alot?

What are the odd's of cracking the manifold, im sure this thing has been on there since the car was made... and how on god's green earth do i keep the wire from touching the manifold?

Thanks mang's for looking :-D

Dark

I do allready know about the socket... still dont have one though )
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Just buy a new one. Single wire O2 sensors are cheap, and after a while the oxygen sensor isn't accurate anyway. Probably 20 bucks or less for a replacement sensor. To keep the thing away from the manifold, just zip tie the wiring to something to keep it from touching the exhaust. Not really sure what is avaliable on your car but I think one of mine is zipped to another wire bundle and to a hole on the trans, and the other one is tied off to the trans cooler lines or something. Doesnt really matter what as long as you keep it away from the pipes.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Never heard of manifolds cracking removing an O2 sensor. If it did crack it would most likely be because of previos overheating and poor design. More of an issue wiith trucks and other vehicles used under heavy load.

Universal O2 sensors are the same they just dont have your vehicle specific connector on the wire end you would need to splice your old connector to it. Most cases you need a special socket to remove and install the sensor.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Ok cool, dosent sound so terifing now )
        People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

terrifing part is how difficult some are to axcess. Like the left side one on the boxes. The right hand is easy.

Comment

Mine i can actualy grab right now.. it's on the passenger side.. i allways get confused when people say left or right oon a car.. (is that whille looking under the hood or whille in the drivers seat?) But i can get right to mine with a 1 ft clearnece all the way around... Hopefully.

Comment

left sitting in the drivers seat....
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Ah! yea that would be a pita... mines on the right :-D And, i found a mecanic that will do it for me :-D at the shop...

Comment

Buy a new one. Cheaper than paying someone to save a 20 year old part that probably is shot anyway. They're only really accurate for about 60k miles. Universal one is $18.44 and vehicle specific one is $24.44 at parts america.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Right and left of a car by the car companys is always based on sitting in the drivers seat.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b
                      Right and left of a car by the car companys is always based on sitting in the drivers seat.

I did not know that ), you learn something new evreyday. Thanks mang :-D

Comment

MMk, friday is coming up preety soon. i think im going to go with a Uni O2 sensor. Umm. Heres what i had in mind. Buy one can of PB blaster, the o2 sensor. And the Umm.Wrench to put the new one on. Mkay.. thats prob around 40 bucks.

Now to take it off im thinking about useing a pull handel and a pipe. ( GOod or bad idea?) After soaking it with PB blaster and letting the cat's get good and Hot :-D. And to slap the new one on just put it in the socket. and place in the hole right?

If i do do the uni one do i just cut the old one off and Splice it together?

What do you guys think? Good idea?

Comment

Eh.. Well ima go with that idea, Im fixing to be heading to the bank and then to Naper ;-), Eh.. i hope i got the right idea. I got a Good pipe to use and a strong as shit wracthet. ;-) Any how. here i go lol

Comment

Working...
                          X