Door Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Lights

I put the LS door panels in, the ones with the lights next to the door handle. The problem is the lights dont turn on when you open the door or turn on the dome light. The wiring harnes for the lights were already in the door so i figured they would be plug and play. The bulbs are good, the fuses are good, and as far as i can tell all the wiring is fine. Any ideas?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
    1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
    1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Is there a special ground clip or something?
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

its got to be something small not connected somewhere... that would really bug me too!!!
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Everything in the door is connected, and the wires are good as far as i can trace them. the weird thing is that both dont work, and i tried both harnesses in each door. I tested the ground wires with a test light and they were both good. I guess i'l keep looking.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

what about relay mabey a bad wire in harness?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Not sure if this applies to your case, but I thought there was a lighting control module in the LS, possibly others with the lighting option. In my car the lock cylinder, dome, footwell, and arm rest lights are controlled by this thing under the dash. I can hear it click lightly when the lights turn off. Perhaps you need this? Does your lighting have delayed shutoff? I'll check my EVTM.

1986 Grand Marquis LS coupe [/url] http://photos.yahoo.com/leo76830
            sigpic
            1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Havent dug into mine yet. When you open the pass door or just pull the handel all the key hole lights work properly. Drivers side dosent when the handle is pulled all the wiring is connected.
              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
              X