X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions made on Future GM/CV/Stang Project

Ford Racing 514 Short Block Assembly P/N M-6009-D514
    Ford Racing Cobra Jet Aluminum Heads P/N M-6045-SCJB

Anyone know where I can get intake, cam, and other stuff for this beast?
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

sounds expensive lol
    try the regular performance places for intake and cam i prefer jegs
    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

you are a wild man :rock:
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Re: Decisions made on Future GM/CV/Stang Project

Originally posted by blazingstang
        Ford Racing 514 Short Block Assembly P/N M-6009-D514
        Ford Racing Cobra Jet Aluminum Heads P/N M-6045-SCJB

Anyone know where I can get intake, cam, and other stuff for this beast?
        Do you know that if you go with that choice, you would be paying over $3600 for a shortblock without forged pistons?
        Going that route, you will easily have over $6500 into an engine with hypereutectic pistons. Not an issue unless you want to use nitrous or another power adder.
        Moneywise, you would be beter off with the complete 550HP 460SCJ crate motor which you could get for $800 or more less.
        You would save even more money and could have forged pistons if you collect the pieces and have a local machine shop assemble a motor, even if it is a 514.
        E-Bay and the Ford/Mustang magazines is the best source for finding your intake and other items for the best price. Often you can beat the Jegs/Summit prices.

Comment

All I have to do is get a 4.3 crank for the 460 to get a 514 right? I was into Chevy for so long, I lost my Ford file!

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingstang
            All I have to do is get a 4.3 crank for the 460 to get a 514 right? I was into Chevy for so long, I lost my Ford file!

That is the way FRPP does it.
            Big OOOOOOPS!! on my part!!!
            They are using a forged piston with Eagle rods now in their 514!
            I was thinking about the 460 pistons which are hypereutectic. Another advantage to getting the D514 shortblock, is that the pistons are already flycut for the SCJ heads. The new FRPP SCJ heads have an altered valve position which require flycutting pistons similar to what you have to do for Twisted Wedge heads.

On second thought, the FRPP shortblock isn't such a bad deal.
            It still may be possible to save money on a local build though. It is worth checking out.

Comment

I just got the pdf FRPPC and the crank is still a nod Iron. I starting to think I sould just find a 460 block bore it .04 or .06 and drop a 4.3 crank in it.

Comment

OK this looks like a winner

460 block bored 4.41
                4.3 crank
                6.06 rods
                FRPP flycut pistons
                FRPP SCJ heads
                Edelbrock Intake, Cam, Water pump (RPM stuff)
                Holley Street Avenger 870cfm
                Roller rockers

Dyno software says 480H/625T

Comment

UPDATE

560HP/640TQ

10.25:1 CR

Carburetor, King Demon DR, 1190 CFM

Comment

Working...
                  X