400+ HP Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

400+ HP Panther

I've been talking with a local MM owner / entrepreneur who's putting together a complete Procharger kit for the Marauder. He's using his own MM as the test bed and is really close at wrapping the kit up.

Don't know all the specifics yet, but the kit is planned to come with an upgraded twin fuel pump, larger injectors, 90mm maf, brackets, tubes, air-to-air intercooler, a base tune and of course the Procharger supercharger.

I was fortunate enough to be invited to his latest dyno test and tune where he layed down 380 rwhp and he's still tweaking! His goal is to be in the mid 400 rwhp range when all is said and done. This kit is being geared as a more economical alternative to the kits currently out there for the Marauder, hence the air-to-air intercooler.

I've been so impressed with his efforts to date that if everything comes together on this kit as planned I may be in the 400+ hp club sooner than I thought. He's at the point now where he's going to let me take his car for a spin to see what I think. I know I'll be hooked for sure!

:banana:

I'll keep y'all posted.
    Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

I love the Trilogy Marauder kit. The polished finish looks beautiful!

I still don't understand how you can supercharge the Marauder on pump gas with it's high compression ratio...

Comment

Nice writeup. One of the cool things bout EFI, thats for sure.

As long as you can keep it tuned..

We need more real panther muscle!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Update:

Got to observe today while he was doing more testing. The Procharger layed down 455 rwhp and 413 rwtq @ 10 psi after relocating the intercooler from behind the grill to below the air dam and some other minor tweaking.

Also got to take a shotgun ride around the block... that friggin thing felt like a passenger jet taking off. He's finalized pricing, posted over on mm.net, and he's shipping starting Feb 25th. He's going to give the other s/c vendors a real run for their money.

I can't wait to hear feedback from the first few installs.

Comment

When I win the lottery, im gonna buy a marauder.

Till then, ill shit in one hand, wish in the other and see which one fills up faster
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

one can only dream

2000 HPP Mods
            15.2 @ 89.13mph-1/4 mile
            9.73 @ 72.01mph-1/8 mile

Comment

Update:

Forced Induction Technologies went live today on mm.net with their own forum and put up a "grand opening" special. $5,000 for the base package + free install in KC:

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...ad.php?t=17808

They've already sold 3 kits tonight and looking to move one more with the free install offer.

BTW, they've got 2 kits installed already, not including the prototype, that have been used to get the fit, finish and tuning all worked out. 450+ rwhp / 400+ rwtq @ 9 psi and a "safe" tune for the stock bottom end. These things gotta be monsters...

This is just killing me!

Comment

Go for it, even though we all know Trilogy is better. Come on 79+ kits sold. lol just trying to start another supercharger war
                -Michael

Comment

Originally posted by texasvic
                  Go for it, even though we all know Triology is better. Come on 79+ kits sold. lol just trying to start another supercharger war
                  LOL, I love reading s/c wars progress... its like watching one-legged ass kicking contests: each side may get some good hits in but everyone goes home ass-hurt.

Comment

Update:
                    Like you didn't see this coming... I layed out a check Saterday for the Procharger kit. :banana:

Yes, yes, I know. Trilogy this and Trilogy that. Screw it. I'm getting boost!

Comment

Congrats man!!

Are you going with forged internals or leaving them stock. 450hp is about the limit with a Procharger and stock internals.
                      -Michael

Comment

Congrats man!!

Are you going with forged internals or leaving them stock. 450hp is about the limit with a Procharger and stock internals.
                        Thanks. I'm going to hope and pray the stock bottom end holds up to the 370 pulley pushing 8-9 psi. A guy in Florida with the same mods has been getting the tuning squared away at Diablo is laying down 460 rwhp and 420 rwtq.

Comment

That's sure to wake up the Marauder. Maybe try some 4.30 gears too
                          Are you going for the free install?
                          -Michael

Comment

That's sure to wake up the Marauder. Maybe try some 4.30 gears too
                            Are you going for the free install?
                            Hell, I was thinking 4.55's.

Free install yes. We're shooting for next week, just waiting on back-ordered 39 psi injectors.

Comment

We want numbers/times after the install.
                              -Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X