New member here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member here...

Just wish to say I am a new member, who is finally moving up to a Panther P-71 on Saturday. Me and my wife are getting rid of our Neon, and getting a CV Police Interceptor, 2004 with about 65,000 miles, for only 2500 bucks.

My brother Mike is a police officer in Delaware, and is gonna sell me his decommissioned police car.

Now my questions are as follows... and if possible, can I x-post to the tech threads as well? And for answers, can you tell me how much I would need to spend?

Is a 5 speed tranny feasable for my car? as I love to shift.
    Superchargers? I'd prefer durability and run lower boost for longer life for the engine. What can I expect as very attainable numbers can I expect from a good S/C? 350-450 hp? And as a side note, i'd also love to have the LOUDEST supercharger whistle I can get when I tromp on the loud petal.

And a good LOUD exhaust system, to compliment the loudest blower whine I can get.

Recomendations, flames, tips?

I promise I will keep you all informed about what will happen.

bows....
    :boobsign: :animalmother: :cutit: :morons:
    Kimono_skunk

Welcom mang. Yea im preety sure you can post in the tech forums.. And I dont belive theres any charge for posting.. ( But donations are welcomed i belive ;-) )

Umm Theres the T5 swap somewhere around here :-D Im sure Someone can help you out with the specs for yours :-D And i dont belive there that hard to do.. And fairly easy, just not for a novic ;-)

Are you wanting a Blower or Turbo.? My defintion of a blower is a big super Charger sticking out of the hood > But turbo;s ar under the hood. but thats j.m.o.

Agine Welcome Mang :-D
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Welcome to GMN!!! We don't charge for anything man! And you can post any where you can see! We are glad to be here to help out a fellow panther folk, and even those that don't drive panthers.

As far as supercharger and manual. If that is what you want your best bet is a 03-04 Cobra drive-line. Everything takes customization, but the engine should be pretty strait foward. For the tranny will be spend more time on the pedal setup than anything else. (I personaly plan to do a T-5 swap into my vic this winter) If you do plan to supercharge your engine, it's be best to rebuild it with some forged pistons and or connecting rods. If you put a supercharger on you will HAVE to get it dyno tuned for any durability. Cobra eninge makes 395hp, if you rebuild and drop the SC on your engine with 00-02 cobra heads (have higher compression than 04-03) you can expect to see over a bit 400hp.

If you are really into blower wine...get a big old fat ribbed belt for it. The belt makes a lot of the noise. Post away and someone with more 4.6L knowledge will help ya out more I think.

Comment

welcome mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Welcome!
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GMGT
            you mangwhore

resident sniper expert

Comment

Howdy neighbor. Do ask your brother to be kind to a fellow Panther owner if he ever sees a black Towncar with NJ plates and bad paint go screaming by him
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                Howdy neighbor. Do ask your brother to be kind to a fellow Panther owner if he ever sees a black Towncar with NJ plates and bad paint go screaming by him

Hehehehe I will see what I can do... he is in the area of the ferry. Just try to keep SOMEWHERE in the limit, and I will hope it goes ok with him.

He is Delaware's #2 or 3 cop in state for DUI arrests tho.

Kimono_skunk

Comment

Congrats and welcome.
                  '03 300b MM (My pride and joy until 8/9/13 @129k)

Comment

to GMN!!!

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                    Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                    5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimono_skunk
                      He is Delaware's #2 or 3 cop in state for DUI arrests tho.

Kimono_skunk
                      Give your brother massive props for me! Drink ALL YOU WANT people, just stay the hell off the road! (Rant over.)

Welcome to the site! I also drive a 4.6, mine being wrapped in 1993 Lincoln Town Car. This site has been helpful in aspects of both repair, diagnosing difficulties, and future customization ideas. There are folks who will photoshop about anything for you if they see your thread requesting it, there are folks with all sorts of tech info, wheel sizes, etc. Also, we have ALOT of fun over in the "Off Topic B.S." section. This site is addictive! Also, it's only lightly moderated and pretty much uncensored, so be careful reading at work. Otherwise, enjoy with reckless abandon!
                      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
                      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

Welcome to GMN.

I almost had a 2001 Interceptor...But the guy wanted some $12,000 for it, and wouldn't go any lower...

But then I found my 88 Grand Marquis LS, and am very happy.

Good luck with the tranny project.

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Aloha. Your car sounds like it is going to be awesome. We expect pics of course. Tell your bro to keep up the good work w/ the duis.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Hello there......we have a 1989 Police intercepter Crown Victoria ....BEST CARS EVER... your going to be happy with your new car ...Vicky is the best thing we ever did
                              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                              X