Ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok

I know what my last prob is now im preety sure. It's The injectors or something related to them. This is why i say this.

One. It makes a weired sound when i mash on the gas at all.

Two. If i drop down to 25 she dosent want to go that slow.. Or has trouble going that slow.

Now i can get a whole CFI unit hopefully for free. Or i can spend the 100 bucks a pice for them lol..

Which should i do though? Should i swicth out CFI's? Is it hard to do?

Or should i get the other CFI and swicth Injectors? If so how do i do that?

Or should i just say to hell with that ima buy brand new ones?

Thanks mang's

Dark
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

what kind of weird sound dose it make?

Comment

plup plup plup plup . LOL
      People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

O and i found this in my trunk.... Wtf is it?

Comment

Maybe get a small video of it?
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

My cam dosent have sound.. Or id been had a bunch of vids made ) Also, i noticed when changing gears It will cut its self off. As in like umm. loss of fuel or something.

Comment

Well the cop car(89 Vic 5.0) has a fuel cut off in the trunk in case of an collision..Could that be what that thingy is?
              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Nada i got it in mine to ) it's made me brake down a few times to many though.. :-/ the sound actualy comes from the carb. :-/CFI*

Comment

that part in the pic is one of the vacuum solenoids on the valve cover. Either its replaced or been removed. Ill take another look at your pics and see if i can tell.

Mine went plup plup plup when i let off the gass when the EGR was clogged up.
                  Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                  'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                  sigpic
                  85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Humm :-? Well i do think i got a bad EGR! so that might be it :-D/

Do your injectors pete mang umm, Look like vapor? strong vapor? or alot of streams being shot out maybey. or is it one steady stream?

And should i try yet another fuel injector cleaner? Will a bad o2 sensor affect/make dirty the injectors?

Thanks mang's :-D

Comment

ok that one in the trunk is an old one or a spare cuz one is present in your underhood pics. Thats the one that goes back to the ported vacuum switch on the LR of the intake manifold. From there it either provides vacuum to the exhaust manifold flapper valve or the fuel vapor EVAP purge.
                      Neither of those things should affect how the car runs like you troubles your describing.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Ok, cool

Comment

Pull your aircleaner off and start the car. Make sure both injectors are working. Thats one nice thing about CFI, you can see them putting fuel in.
                          '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

everyone fears the CFI. I drove one last night and it ran fine. No rocketship but throttle response was good and the engine ran smooth.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It was a cloged injector, checked it this noon. Did a sea foam tratment ( Sea Foam Is great!) At about 2ish. And it cleaned it up, Also the umm:-/ Plup lup plup is gone. and as Gaget sayed trottole responce was great.

On a side note it's toping off now at around 75mph, which is good for me. Still got a ton of torq though to do burn out's :-D

Maybey this will help the cold start as well. Ill check tomarow when i get off work.

Comment

Working...
                              X