Box-Mindset with an Aero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box-Mindset with an Aero

I was reading a post earlier tonight about some computer tuning on the OBD2 panthers, and it sounds like you can get some decent performace out of them with some new programming. Now taking my box owner mindset of cheap upgrades, what kind of costs am I looking at? It sounds like PI heads/intake are the other major upgrade that can be done. Again, cost?
    -Matt
    1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Depends on what you can purchase the heads for. If you pay 700 or more for them I can have the non PI heads ported. Ported they flow better than the PIs ported. They can be port matched to the PI intake which is better than the non PI increases power band by about 1000 RPM. The head work can is capable of around 100 HP increase with some tuning with out a cam change. There are some on CVN that run our heads. Anyone that has Renigade Racing heads are done for him by us. Talk to them see what else they did.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I remember reading about the PI head swap and if memory serves its about a grand in parts to do it. I asked about the possibility of just porting the stock heads, and everyon acted like I was crazy and such a thing wasn't practical or possible. I figured that porting them could yield some performance gains, and would not require use of the stupid plastic intake manifold.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There is more to gain with good port shaping than any other componet. Porting the intake is next. Our stage 1 porting on any cylinder heads american or overseas stuff will out flow any aftermarket intake short of a sheet metal one in like 99% of the cases. It can be done with out loosing low end or economy.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
        X