{ENGINE} 5.0 head casting locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

{ENGINE} 5.0 head casting locations

Where does one find the head casting numbers on Ford heads? I might be coming into an HO engine this weekend of unknown vintage and source, and I'm curious where to look. Its in rebuildable shape, has a bad crank but comes with another for $150. Supposed to be totally complete less the fuel rail. I'll go pick it up, and if I change my mind, the guy I'll be buying it from lives around the corner from me and needs to get it picked up anyhow. Might turn out to be a turd, but if it is, I'm not losing much by spending an afternoon taking a drive.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Here ya go. You're looking for the e7te casting

(365k pic)
    Last edited by Mercracer; 08-27-2007, 03:10 AM.

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Thats the exhaust side, correct? Just making sure. Thanks for the pics!
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Intake side......you can check it with the head on the engine with a mirror

Comment

If the intake is on the engine, one thing different from an E6SE head compared to an E7TE head is spark plug reach. If you buy a plug for a normal mustang HO motor 1987-1995 that has E7TE heads and try to screw it into an E6SE head, you will find that you can not start the threads of the plug in the E6 head. The peanut plugs that go in the E7s don't fit in GT40 heads either. 1986 HO motos had E6SE heads too.

Comment

I'm not sure if the engine is assembled or not. No idea the year or anything. All I know is that the crank is supposed to be bad and that it comes with another. Its complete minus the fuel rail. I don't know what exactly is meant by bad crank tho. I'm hoping just wear or something, and that this other crank has been reconditioned. I hope its complete. At least that way all the bolts, etc will be there. I'll gather a list of plugs for the diff year HO engines and take with me to see if i can figure it out. If the thing comes in 'pile o parts' form, i'll probably pass on it.

Thanks for the replies and info guys. Kicks ass being able to BS with other people about my nutter projects and not get told "oh just get another car". Only one of my friends is with me on the repower plan. Most everyone else just thinks I'm stupid for even bothering with this car. I don't know enough gearheads.

Comment

Working...
            X