weak heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weak heater

hey guys its getting cold outside and my heater is pretty weak. It will blow air that is a little warmer than outside but its not hot like it should be. Floor and Vent settings are not affected by the thermostat, they just blow 1 temperature. Any ideas?
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Open the glovebox and locate the clear tube connected to a vacuum motor right behind the glovebox. Disconnect it and see if you get heat. If you do, the temperature sensor for the ATC crapped out. The actual proper way to diagnose it is to plug a vacuum guage into it with the temperature set to full hot. If there is more than 1/2" vacuum, the sensor is bad. Unplugging the hose should force it to full heat though.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yep that was it gadget. Is it ok to drive without that vacuum line hooked up? How much is a ATC sensor, and the ATC sensor is the "T" shaped one with a vacuum line and a sender wire going to it that goes in-line with a coolant hose, right?
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

If the vac line is open, at least plug it to keep from loosing any milage.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
        My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar
          yep that was it gadget. Is it ok to drive without that vacuum line hooked up? How much is a ATC sensor, and the ATC sensor is the "T" shaped one with a vacuum line and a sender wire going to it that goes in-line with a coolant hose, right?
          Last time someone mentioned buying one it was around $35 IIRC. And no, that is not your ATC sensor that you're talking about in the heater hos, that's the TBL switch for the blower and the recirculating door on floor setting only. The ATC sensor is located inside your dashboard, look above your glove box and you'll see a small rectangura opening in the dashboard's trim - the ATC sensor is right behind it. Pull the dashpad off, sensor is right under it - blue thing with couple of air lines going to it, pretty easy to replace.

Comment

What he said, mine was just under $40 at the dealership, but you can probably find one at teamfordparts or one of the other direct sellers online for less.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X