howdy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

howdy

hey folks, another new one here. i just wanted to say hello.

i have been peeking at the boards for the last few weeks, and finally got around to getting set up on here.

although i'm new, y'all are familiar with the merk -- i am the proud new owner of nitroracer's silver bullet.

my previous car was the '89 LS. she was my baby -- friends called her the Pimpmobile of Doom. unfortunately, it fell victim to an unfortunate transmission fire: cause not entirely known... but it was bad enough to be a total loss. :cry:

i am, however, enjoying the silver bullet, which is more pimped than my pimpmobile ever was... so yay!

(please bear with me while i get my signature and everything straightened out.)
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (R.I.P.)
    1991 Grand Marquis GS

hi,, welcome, glad to see you got another merc after what happend to your last one

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84
      hi,, welcome, glad to see you got another merc after what happend to your last one
      what can i say...i'm in love with the boat cars!
      i'm the third generation in a Ford family...
      ...there's just something wonderful about being surrounded by a lot of metal while on the road.
      1991 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

ya i agree with ya.... you should post a readers ride page..

Comment

Originally posted by that one girl
          ...there's just something wonderful about being surrounded by a lot of metal while on the road.
          Darn right there is...lol

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Welcome, good to hear that the car went to someone who appreciates it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Howdey, and welcome :-D
              People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

welcome to gmn!
                if you need any repairs/upgrades, i'm only 2 hrs away......i already have a few philly customers
                scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

How goes it? I've always wanted to take a trip to the east coast. Hopefully next summer I will.
                  88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                  Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Thats awesome - so glad the bullit went to a box panther fan.
                    And a chick too woo hoo!!!!

Scott is definitly the mang to see for repairs and upgrades. Fair prices and the wisdome of a panther guru. cant beat it!!!
                    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by that one girl
                      unfortunately, it fell victim to an unfortunate transmission fire
                      lol, i just re-read my first post. this is what happens when i attempt to operate on zero hours of sleep!

anyways, thank you all for the greetings. i'll have to work on a readers ride page. i figured nitroracer probably had one with all the specs, but maybe not...

my first order of panther business will be replacing the rear springs -- i learned the hard way that when i had weight in the back seat, the keystones made the tires rub on the wheel wells... i thought that maybe i could find some decent hub caps to improve her in the meantime, but after some hunting, i'm beginning to think that i can replace the springs relatively inexpensively, and put the keystones back on it.

after that, i've got some plans... but first it's going to involve greatly improving my photo-shop skills ....heh.
                      1991 Grand Marquis GS

Comment

ya rear sprngs are relly easy, i just put a set of lincoln town car springs in they are a lot thicker and make the ride a lot better, i got them for nothing since i work at the wreckers, they only took me about 15 mins to change..

Comment

welcome

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Hello...Welcome to GMN
                              YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                              X