30k service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30k service

Ok, I got a notice from Ford for my 30k service on my Merc.
    Ford says check this ,check that, lube this and that. change oil & filter.
    My dealer says: Flush trans-change brake fluid-Power steering fluid, clean injectors=====$529.00!!!!
    What do you guys think? My car is running fine. It has 28k baby miles. I do not abuse it at all.
    Help?
    Len B
    2004 BLACK Grand Marquis
    ALL BLACK -no chrome-balck front
    Legal 3 window tint-K & N filter-PI Zip tube
    Front & rear Merc God Head Badge mod wind & Rain -window reflectors
    Goodyear Triple Tred tires

Changing the fluids is a good idea, but holy shit thats a lot of money. If you're somewhat mechanically inclied you can do the fluid changes yourself with a minimum of tools. The injector cleaning, eh, I'd stick a new fuel filter on it and dump a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank. Trans flush is also not needed really, just change the fluid, filter, and drain the torque converter and that will get like 90% of the fluid out of the trans. The small amount remaining wont be a problem.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
      If you're somewhat mechanically inclied you can do the fluid changes yourself with a minimum of tools.
      Or if not, you need to find yourself a good independent mechanic. I wouldn't recommend going to cheapie lube, Ive heard theyve been known to forget to put things back on, overtighten/ strip shit, etc. That and a trip to the mechanic for an oil change is a great way to catch problems early.

1991 Crown Victoria LTD, Puff the Magik Dragon

Comment

As Thain said, you'd be better off changing the fluids yourself. If you don't have the time or mechanical inclination, find yourself a reputable, independent shop. Avoid at all costs shops that share space with a parts store.
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Aloha...
          Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
          RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
          Originally posted by p71towny
          Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
          :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

Welcome!
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Now I understand why most Panther owner's reffer to ford mechanics or service cars as a "Stealerships" I have some folks that want to aport to the thread with some comments.

--stealerships

:animalmother:-- !!Die stealerships!!

!!Get this Mother Fucker stealerships!!

--!!Waaaaaa!!! I paid $700.00 for a bumper to bumper inspection and tune up

--Get this fuckers stealerships

:nonono:--Ohh noo this is depriment

:hairraise:--!Queeee $600.00 dolarès por un tune up!

--I hate'em

:morons:<------- this guys turn loco's after take his Panthers to a Ford stealership for service

:naughty:--lesson to learn go with an independent mechanic if you don't have the knowledge and tools to work with your Panther but !PLEASE! don't fall in the hands of the stealerships.

ATT, SNIPER 308.PROUD OWNER OF ????????????
              MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Definitely go to an independent shop. Stealerships are exactly that. Get all the fluids and filters changed; that's the major importance right now.

The injector cleaner fluid stuff works. I've used it on my car.

I prefer to go to the small, older, independent shops myself. They usually know how to treat the older cars like some of us have.

And welcome.

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
                X