Extreme Makeover: Big Tank Edition (#1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Makeover: Big Tank Edition (#1)

As some of you may or may not know, I announced a couple month's ago that I was able to get a sponsor for the 2007 race season. They agreed to do body work, new paint, and some other details to the car. This project started on Monday at the sponsors garage (Palm Beach Lincoln Mercury). Most of the body work is complete and it has been primered. It should be ready to paint by Monday or Tuesday.

After getting the old top removed. We decided that it would be better to put a new top back on it rather that leaving it off. Reason being that there are multiple unfinished welds from the factory that were covered by the top. Also, the old top acted as a "moisture catcher" and there was some patches of rust. The rust has been cut out and replaced with new metal.

I would like to descride what the car will look like finished, but it's kinda hard to describe. Anyways, I dont want to blow the supprise. Trust me, it's gonna be awesome. So please, dont ask about what the finished product is going to look like. Ill post more pictures as the car progresses.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TheBigBlueTank; 11-01-2006, 11:08 PM.
    Southern Fried Florida Cracker
    Not Your Average 450 Horsepower Grandma Car.
    2002, 2003, & 2006 Team Moroso Member

Looks good, will look even better when it's finished. Can't wait to see it done.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

smooth out the fuel door, its not like u use it! do you?
      1987 MGM 126K 2" True Duel flowmaster 40's 3" tipped exhuast, Tinted 20% all way round, individual bank A/F guages, tach.

Comment

good deal
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

second pic. They got overspray on your left rear tire. Id make sure they dont get any on the wheels. Not sure what you got on teh rear, but i know the welds are picky about what goes on them.

Looking good. You should have had all the body panels acid dipped to reduce weight.
          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Ya know I used to live in Port St Lucie
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
              second pic. They got overspray on your left rear tire.
              I dont think thats overspray. If were looking at the same pic, its blue on the tire, which is probly from sanding or something like that. The welds are gonna be replaced with new ones anyway, and acetone will get any overspray off.

I was thinking the same thing about the fuel door, but it's not necessary. The sponsor wants it make it look as stock as possible (not like the big ass scoop gives anything away). Were going to put on a new hood emplem, side markers, & tail lights.
              Southern Fried Florida Cracker
              Not Your Average 450 Horsepower Grandma Car.
              2002, 2003, & 2006 Team Moroso Member

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
                They got overspray on your left rear tire.
                I'm sure that'll come right off with a good burning of the rubber.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigBlueTank
                  I dont think thats overspray. If were looking at the same pic, its blue on the tire, which is probly from sanding or something like that. The welds are gonna be replaced with new ones anyway, and acetone will get any overspray off.

I was thinking the same thing about the fuel door, but it's not necessary. The sponsor wants it make it look as stock as possible (not like the big ass scoop gives anything away). Were going to put on a new hood emplem, side markers, & tail lights.

Yeah it does look like sanding dust now that i really look at it. What wheels are on the rear now? Alumastars? *EDIT* look like prostars. Not used to seeing them in anything other than 3.5"

Your axles, those off the shelf axels, or are they custom? If custom, you still have the specs for them? Im going to need a set soon.
                  Last edited by DuceAnAHalf; 11-02-2006, 12:01 AM.
                  http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                  http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Mmmmm, can't wait!
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Nice, congrats on the sponsorship.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                        Nice, congrats on the sponsorship.
                        Ditto
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Looking good, congrats on the Sponsorship.
                          Resident diesel addict

Comment

Congrats. Wish someone would pay to do that to my car.
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS
                            flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Congrats on the sponsorship. The car looks good too.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                              Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
                              5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X