Premium sound wireing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium sound wireing

im wondering if a premium sound 8-track player out of a '82 will hook right in to my '84's wireing with out any modification? they both have the same amp i believe,
    Last edited by ; 11-02-2006, 09:40 PM. Reason: typo in title

Plugs could be diff between radios tho.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Try it and see, most of us replaced the stock stereo with an aftermarket, not an older stock one. 8 track, wow. You have any around you plan to use, or is it more for the oddball factor?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My '82 radio is hard wired in, no plug. But I got the AM/FM/Cassette Premium Sound.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I have my old premiup setup from my vic if anyone wants it. Its the radio, amp, wires and all. It works great, I wanted to keep the amp but It wouldn't work with my aftermarket stereo. To kick the amp on I had to tap the switches ground wire to a ground and then it would kick on.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

yea i just want it in there since its not often you see a stock 8-track in a grand marquis, anyways i put it in and it works fine but i only have sound out of the rear speakers hmm dose anyone know if it would be the sterio itself or the wireing dosent mach up??

Comment

Hard to say. You'd really need a wiring diagram for both an 82 and an 84 to compare for differences.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yea, dose anyone have the wireing diagrams for the 2 years ('82 '84 ?)
                even with just the back speakers it still sounds decent so i relly want to get the rest to work,,

Comment

Working...
                X