Reader's Rides Renovations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reader's Rides Renovations.

In the coming times we are going to be re-organizing the Reader's Ride section.

The main reason is the annoying number of stickies. So the plan is to redo the forum so that there are not going to be any threads directly under Reader's rides. There will be three sub-forums. The existing Video/Media archive, a new Spotlight forum, and all the existing posts in reader's rides are going into the "Reader's Rides" forum. The Reader's Ride's forum is basically going to be all the posts that are not stickier.

GMN Reader's Rides
    - Spotlight Reader's Rides
    - Reader's Rides
    - Readers Rides Video Archive

Spotlight Reader's Rides:
    This forum will be moderated for content. Really what we are trying to do with it is have a dedicated page for individual rides. No 2-3 picture threads, but only the ones that have at least decent amount of documentation. Especially good examples of these cars, is what we are looking for. Posting your ride here is kind of tricky. Since posts are moderated. When you start your thread, and submit, it will be pending until it is approved by staff. Any declined threads will be given a clearly stated reason. (and I don't feel all mushy about it, but yes, not having any remotely significant improvement or quality is a reason) Please try to understand this is not for people to just post "look at my car", that is the Reader's Ride sub forum. This is a spotlight forum, trying to keep the shinning stars together. Many details will be worked out over time. But the general idea is to have each owner's thread restricted so that it is viewable by anyone, but only the owner can post in it. Kind of like having your own web space. And yes HTML code is enabling in this one forum (since everything requires staff approval, so jazz it up.

Reader's Rides:
    This is just like the reader's rides section is now. Open to anyone to post anything about their cars. The better thing is that no stickies will be awarded except for Works in Progress that are moving at a good pace. Almost everyone here has a car that is a never-ending work in progress (myself included) but almost all of us, don't do something every week (myself included). So stickies will be used to keep people that are doing fast paced work to their vehicle. For instance, PatFromJerse, is going pretty nuts on his Fairlane. If that were in the reader's Rides section it would be stickier until such time as the work slowed down again.

Readers Rides Video Archive"
    Same as it is now, I'm tired of typing.
    Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 11-03-2006, 03:02 PM.

Sounds like a great plan, man. Hmm, . . . I should get my act together and work on a S.U. spotlight.

Comment

Ok, so I have detirmined VB's "HTML" interaction is carp. Having one hell of a time getting the tables to come out like tables.

Comment

i cant post a reply to my own post ,in spotlight reders rides section, every time i post , im trying to add some pics to my post,,,

Comment

They are up now. The posts that you had made were awaiting approval. But this damn sofware doesn't show anyhting differnt to us, unless we go into a control panel and check all posts waiting for approval. To me it looked as if you had done posted and everything was ok. Sorry, we'll have to be more on top of this now that we know there are no obvious signs that the posts have not been approved yet.

Comment

ok,,, i just realized my exterior pics posted twice so if you want you can delete the bottom post in my spotlight

Comment

Willd do.

Comment

Working...
              X