Engine Swape Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Swape Info

i have a 2000 marqi and want to do a engine swape, but dont know what i could fit, i want a bigger engine

supercharged 5.4 would be awesome! Its found in the ford lightning truck here is a pic from somebody that did it..hold on there is a thread for the thing I just have to find it OK here it

search for madmax2006 in the grand marq search engine

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/s...Number=1262488
    Last edited by interceptor1985; 11-20-2006, 12:03 PM.
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

that looks like to much for me right there, lol, i would love to have it though, would a 5.0 motor fit

Comment

it would fit yes....BUT it's not a legal swap if your worried about testing or wherever you live calls it I know its not legal here in Oregon the rule here is..
        #1 same make ( ford )
        #2 same year or newer (2000 on up in your case)
        I would ask your testing facility or DMV about it

Comment

do u think i would have to cut anything to put it in, or it would just fit, the mustang 5.0

Comment

your tranny wouldn't bolt up to the 302. Motor mounts from a 90 town car might work to put the engine in, Im not sure if they changed really. You would need one of the DIS 5.0s from the mid to late 90s to keep your computer and all that good stuff. I've thought about doing it but Im sticking with a 01+ 4.6.
            Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Probably your best bet is a newer 4.6 with the PI heads, or you could do the head swap on yours. Other options exist, but it will be a lot of work and a lot of wiring.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter
                supercharged 5.4 would be awesome! Its found in the ford lightning truck here is a pic from somebody that did it..hold on there is a thread for the thing I just have to find it OK here it

search for madmax2006 in the grand marq search engine

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/s...Number=1262488
                yeah This is badass build it and they will come!

Comment

5.4, or if you have the nads, go find a totalled cobra, and get a kenny bell

Comment

i might try to find a cobra motor, the cobra is a 4.6? what about a gt motor?
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2357004
                    on this page is my current mods

Comment

Working...
                    X