what to pull for H.O. parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to pull for H.O. parts?

Not only have I possibly scored a set of BBK Mustang shorty headers and H-pipe, I may have scored a whole H.O. 302.

1987 Lincoln Mk7: Please include as many details as possible . . .

1. Along with the engine and the computer, what else should I pull from the car? Engine related parts only, the rest of the car isn't for grabs.

2. Where is the computer located? What's it take to get it out?

I'll think of more questions later . . . .

Thanks.

--------------------------
    Justin

Hmm, that's a fox chassis car, so if it's like my cougar and t-bird it's behind the passenger's side kick panel. Small screw holds the harness plugged in. Take the screw out and unplug.

Comment

Will everything cross over from the Mk7? Upper intake is the same as a Mustangs', correct?

I don't want to end up not being able to drop the Mk7 engine in the '88 GM after dropping a lot of cash.

----------------
      Justin

Comment

make sure it's a 87 mark 7 lsc...........the bill blass ans std models didnt have the 5.0 ho till 88.......the 87 lsc engine is 225 hp and the 86 lsc engine was 200hp
        the computer is located under the pass side kick panel
        you will need 5the engine long block, the ho upper intake and throttle body, 19 lb injectors. the mark 7 and towncar aod's wont fit your car, cause they have a longer tailshaft
        and if it has the 16" lsc rims, they will fit with 1" spacers
        also check it for a traction lock rear
        good luck
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Will it drop into the motor mounts on the GM? I'll grab the throttle and TV cables, too.

Btw, $500 for the engine and related parts is the deal as of now.

Sorry for all the questions, guys, but I'm excited.

---------------------
          Justin

Comment

it should use the 5.0 motor mounts no problem
            Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

it will bolt right in, you need to use the grand marquis engine mount brackets, water pump (the ho pump rotates in the wrong direction)
              use the gm accy's, fuel rail, and egr spacer.......the spacer must be bored to 63mm inside diameter to match the ho throttle body. the egr spacer is required because of the mounting of the throttle cable and the tv cable.
              also you need to swap levers betw the 50mm and the 60mm throttle body
              plug in the ho ecm, wire it up for the ho firing order done
              scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

UPDATE:

Got a call from the guy. He wants to keep the block, so for $350 I get dibs on all EFI parts needed for the H.O. swap (minus the heads). Turns out it is an '89 Mark VII, not an '87.

--upper/lower intakes and all EFI related parts (throttle body, cables, etc.)
                --headers
                --ECM

Anything else I should go after (wiring, parts, etc.)? Won't be able to start pickin' parts 'til closer to spring, but at least I've got a donor for the H.O. swap.

---------------------
                Justin

Comment

Too bad he is keeping the short block. It has forged pistons and the HO camshaft.

You might be able to round those stock HO EFI induction parts up for cheaper than that on stang boards. The stock stuff sells cheap. The lower intake should be the same as a regular EFI lower, so you can save a few bucks on shipping by using your old lower if you decide to buy the stock HO parts off bulletin boards.

Tom

Comment

$350 sounds awfull expensive

Comment

I agree.... I got a HO cam, E7 heads, shory headers, stock H-pipe and serveral intake sets w/injectors for FREE.

I say give him $20 for the ECM and keep looking.
                      2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                      89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                      88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

shit i'll send u everything for 350 shipped when your ready

Comment

Scott, does that include the heads, too?

Reason I ask is because the more you guys talk, the more I'm doubting this deal I'm getting locally. Hell, if I'm able to get out for the meet I'd be able to just pick up the parts.

------------------------
                          Justin

Comment

I bought a complete Mark 7 with an HO for parts for $250. About all that was good on it was the engine, but I don't think that was too bad overall. Look around, you can do better than $350 for an upper intake and a set of injectors. The lower is the same as your stock non-HO engine, and without the cam and heads you aren't going to make any more power. If he was selling the heads and cam it might be worth it but doubtful.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'll try and get the price knocked down and see what happens. I'll let you guys know what happens. Thanks for the help and info. I really appreciate it.

--------------------
                              Justin

Comment

Working...
                              X