Oops.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops.....

While watching not to scratch the paint with construction cones, baby has hit a really nasty sidewalk...

chipped wheel (original MAG), two blown tires on the right side, car jerked to the left when it hit...

it's a 1999 Grand Marquis LS (steering box, not the fancy rack&pinion stuff)

besides some alignment (I suppose it's been whacked out of specs), can I suspect any kind of damage to my steering linkage, steering box, etc... ?

I know those cars are built really tough, but it really hit hard...

Besides, it was already a little wobbly.

(the stealership says it should be OK, as it's the same linkage used in trucks)

But I won't know 'til tomorrow when the new tires are put in...

On another note, the two good tires will be put on front (225/60R16 all-season), the two I got are 235/60R16 Winter tires (will put in the rear, can get them both for 60$ CAD). I guess it should be ok, right?

(I know, I'll get some winter tires for the front end too, in about 2 weeks or sooner if I find a really sweet deal)
    Last edited by Hamsterdan; 11-21-2006, 08:35 PM.
    1999 Grand Marquis LS with handling package

OUCH! That sound like some bad curb rash there! hope it ok
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter
      OUCH! That sound like some bad curb rash there! hope it ok
      Thanks...

I sure hope so, it's my baby, I really *LOVE* that car...

From what I could see, it's gonna be more of a scare than anything, I'd be really pissed if it got hurt somehow...

(i'm not really able to do things like everybody else. I had to get *TWO* blown tires

Comment

I'd have the alignment checked if it hit that hard. They are tough, but it's better to spend the $$ to get it checked than to waste money on the tires...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Oops vs. aligment

Originally posted by mrltd
          I'd have the alignment checked if it hit that hard. They are tough, but it's better to spend the $$ to get it checked than to waste money on the tires...
          I'll have it checked (somewhere else than the stealership)...

It's an old-school mom&pop shop, they're really good at it, and know about those old technologies... (recirculating ball steerings, double-wishbones and pitmans probably were their toys back then

They're the guys who got me those really like-brand-new 235/60R16 Winter Tires for 60$ both (non-standard size, they might be getting rid of them, but who cares). I've been there several times, and they *LOVE* to make a customer happy. (free tire pressure checking everytime I go there, they would often check things on my previous cars for free, their motto is *we don't charge if it ain't broken*, come back when it is

They once put my Renault 5 on the machine, found out alignement was OK, didn't charge me anything (because it was OK, told me to go home and have a beer , and even fixed a slow-leak valve for free... (I gave them a 20$ tip for fixing a hell-ridden-mind-of-its-own slow leaking wheel, they got the hammer to it, never leaked again afterwards)

Last time I was there to inflate a tire, the owner told me *I was just told to hike prices up 5cents / liter*, I could fill it up before I change prices on my pumps)

Which I told him to do...

He's got a loyal customer

Thanks guys, i'll keep you informed on my baby...

(I'm gonna go kill people in F.E.A.R )

Comment

^^sounds like my kind of place good luck
            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
            X