Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, Tom, Here's your update on my car!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, Tom, Here's your update on my car!!!

Got the floor coated today with the rubberized undercoating... it is now ready for carpet... Except for putting all the wires that run down the side of the car under the carpet in split loom to protect it. I know most people won't see that little detail, but the wiring harness is getting up there in years, and I want to protect it... I also want to run all the wiring harness for the emergency equipment, before the carpet goes in... (Also in split loom) I have to run the main Radio wire from the trunk to the right side front seat area, and the two 8 gauge hot wires from the battery to the same place... (One switched, one un switched) I am using an era correct G.E. fuse box near the battery, instead of a cicuit breaker on this car... it has a VERY big cartridge fuse in it... These were used for the old two way radios, but we used to buy them as master fuses on our patrol cars emergency equipment circuits. After I run everything, I will put a small slit in the vinyl caprpet under the front passenger seat, and run all the wiring up to the center of the hump, to connect with the radio head and siren box, etc... then put the front passenger seat in... This is how I did the equipment in my '91.
    Heres the pictures!!

Before....

After!!!!

back seat area....

Front seat area!!!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Where are you going to put all the new best in show trophies that thing will win?

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Trophies....

Well, my first trophy shelf is FULL... And I will probably have to show my '91 a couple of times before I get this one done... and add a few more trophies... (Hoping to be done with the '84 by April) There is a couple of shows before then, tho... Guess a new trophy shelf is in order....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

looks great, man!
        Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Nice.
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Raining now....

Of course, it is raining today.. ALL DAY.. and supposed to all weekend... figures I am off all weekend.. nothing else planned... and would have LOVED to work on the car....

Comment

lookin good man!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I wish my floor looked like that..
                Xander

1987 ford mustang

the Camaro isn\'t around anymore because it was a poorly built POS that only big hair rocker wanna-be\'s bought.

Donate a 351

I dont give a shit what you have to say

Comment

update....

Well, I got the door frame felts in, so no more window leaks! I lucked out, I found a 84 Marquis, with 34,000 miles so the door felts were in good shape... Looked like it belonged to a granny.. only driven on the weekends... And it was garage kept.. the chrome trim looks new... I am going back to get all the chrome trim... The felts popped right in, and no more leaks.. so now I can install the new carpets.. (I didn't want water to get under the new vinyl caprets.. as it would have never dryed out.. and then really rusted the floors!!) The carpets will probably go in this weekend, along with the rest of the interior... AFTER it quits raining again!! (supposed to start raining tommorow... Until Thursday... figures!!)
                  Then it is going in the shop for brakes, the Mustang shorty headers, and the Mustang "H" pipe... feeding into a dual in, dual out muffler, then duals all the way to the bumper... should give it a nice "Rumble".... I cannot wait for the work to be done!

Comment

good luck. hopefully the rain isn't too bad
                    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Re: update....

Originally posted by trwp72
                      Well, I got the door frame felts in, so no more window leaks! I lucked out, I found a 84 Marquis, with 34,000 miles so the door felts were in good shape... Looked like it belonged to a granny.. only driven on the weekends... And it was garage kept.. the chrome trim looks new... I am going back to get all the chrome trim... The felts popped right in, and no more leaks.. so now I can install the new carpets.. (I didn't want water to get under the new vinyl caprets.. as it would have never dryed out.. and then really rusted the floors!!) The carpets will probably go in this weekend, along with the rest of the interior... AFTER it quits raining again!! (supposed to start raining tommorow... Until Thursday... figures!!)
                      Then it is going in the shop for brakes, the Mustang shorty headers, and the Mustang "H" pipe... feeding into a dual in, dual out muffler, then duals all the way to the bumper... should give it a nice "Rumble".... I cannot wait for the work to be done!
                      If I remember correctly, you might have a problem on the passenger side of the car, right around the gas tank...not a lot of clearance for an exhaust pipe on the left side....

Comment

Muffler....

Actually, the pipes aren't a problem.. it is the second electric fuel pump that Ford put right where the muffler would go...
                        Thats why I am going to use a double in and double out muffler on the drivers side of the car.... So it won't restrict the exhaust, and flow nice...

Comment

Working...
                        X