Fuel Injector Flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Injector Flush

What's involved with a full injector flush? My throttle body is also clogged with carbon and in need of a good cleaning.
    1991 Grey Grand Marquis LS Sedan
    61,000 Miles
    1998 F150 XLT 4X2 Flareside Fire Engine Red
    52,000 Miles
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hdlogistics

when i did my injector flush, i first take a rag and put brake oil on it to clean inside the throttle body, then i take my little tool thatbypasses the main fuel line and i buy a bottle of cleaner and attach it to my tool. i start up the car and let it run till is stalls, then take the tool off and hook everything back up and start up the car!(dont forget to turn the fuel pump switch off, jus hit it with your fist! )

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

don't forget to turn the rotator splint...or you could start a fire.
      i\'m back bitches!

Comment

spray out the throttle body with throttle body cleaner or carb cleaner, suck half a can of seafoam thru the brake booster hose, and put the rest of the seafoam in the gas tank. let the car sit for 20 min, and start the car and let it run......watch the smokeshow lol
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Do the Seafoam outdoors, preferably with the wind blowing towards a neigbor you dont like's place.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have neighbors on boths sides that I'd like to piss off. How often do you guy's do the seafoam cleaning? I'm going to give it good dose on the weekend....
            61,000 Miles
            52,000 Miles

Comment

muhahahah this is gonna be great..

basically, you take seafoam, and feed it into a vac line (like a brake booster line) and make sure to let the car "sip" it, to avoid stalling.

Once you get about half a can in, turn the car off. Dump the rest in the tank.

Wait 20 minutes. Start the car (might have to give it a little effort) and give 'er hell.

Enjoy the smokeshow!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

You guy's were right about the smoke show. 14 years of carbon out the pipe in a few minutes. What a difference in idle and no hesitation. What a great product.... :banana:
                61,000 Miles
                52,000 Miles

Comment

that stuff does rock. Used it on my S10 last night and the annoying miss at idle and ping under load problem its had since I've owned it is gone now.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                  X