Yet another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another newbie

Hey guys, what's up? I've been reading GMN for a few months now and I registered about a week ago. This is a great website, I've seen a lot of great cars here and the tech information is top notch. I bought a 1987 Crown Vic for my mom three years ago for her birthday. I just put some American Racing Ansen A69 17x7 wheels on it in July. I plan on getting the car painted and will build a 5.0 to replace the 200+k 302 that is currently in there. When I get more familiar with posting pictures on the net I will show you guys what I have and what I will do with this car. That's all for now, peace!!!
    Packman

welcome mang you found the right place

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

aboard mate! Hope you enjoy it here, and thanks for the compliments.

The forum has an image attachment function so you can post images here without having to upload them to an independent web host. It's below the box where you type in messages (in advanced mode only). Just click on attachment and chose your image files. When you post the reply of thread they will be thumbnailed at the bottom of the post.
        Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 11-26-2006, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have to find an old CD of some pictures I took of my mom's car from a couple of years ago. I also have an undeveloped roll of current pictures of her car. In the near future I plan on purchasing a video camera for my other projects. I have been thinking of suiciding her rear doors just like the Lincoln Continentals of the sixties. This is just a thought. Thanks for the replies.
          Packman

Comment

definitly gets pics I wanna see what a box looks like on 17's... I cant decide if i want to end up with 16" or 17" wheels
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

If my town car wasn't getting the bullitts the vic would. 17" look good on the boxes. But Im having trouble finding a tire that doesn't look silly on the car. Its too low profile for em.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Welcome!
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Welcome to box land.
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Sorry guys, I am clueless

I saved my old picture as a JPEG and it is added to my attachment manager. How do I get it to attach the picture or the attachment to my reply and future threads? I previewed the reply and saw no picture. I am sorry for this inconvenience.
                    Packman
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by packman; 11-27-2006, 01:50 PM.

Comment

It's great to see so many new members. That's a nice looking Panther, except i'm not digging the color. Is it a base model, LX, HPP, or P72?
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

current pictures

These are current pictures of my mom's CV. Those are 17x7 American Racing Ansen A69 Sprint wheels wrapped in Kumho Ecsta P225 45R17 tires all around. I think they are a bit too low profile for the car, but they are a vast improvement from the stock wheels that came with it and more importantly my mom likes the way it looks. When the time comes for new tires I will get the SUV version of those tires which are P225 60R17; they have a bit more rubber on them. I agree with you 88Vic, I would prefer a darker blue, however, my mom likes that shade of blue so I will have to work with that. When the time comes to paint it I will see if I can add some metallic flake to it or some pearl to set it apart from others with the same paint. I will have to wait a little to do the paint and engine because I am currently remodeling my Grandmother's house. I believe this is a base model CV. I am not really sure what the differences are between the other models. I have a couple of shop manuals for the car so maybe I will read up on it. So this is what I have so far. Thanks again for the support.
                        Packman
                        Attached Files

Comment

Well it does have the grandma trim, and the vinyl top. So if it is a base model, it's not the most basic of them all.

Those wheels do look good. Agreed about getting bigger tires, but it would be even better to lower the car to suit thoughs though grandma may not agree lol

I would see if you can find a 225/55 first. 60 puts it just a little higher than preferred. Taller sidewalls do improve ride quality, but decrease handling as well.

BTW, the images do not show up in the preview. I wish they did, just so I could verify I got the right ones, but it does not.

Comment

Howdy.....
                            Be good, if not, be good at it!!

Originally posted by N A
                            RideIt, I hope you know we are going to screw with you because you're the coolest chick on this 'site.
                            Originally posted by p71towny
                            Your one of the most kick ass girls I know.
                            :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf: :golf:

Comment

welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X