Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust

is it good to take off the converter, will that make a difference or make it sound better

Will increase power potential, will sound louder, will cause your car to through a code, which may cause the ECU to not run the engine correctly (not sure on that one)

Comment

On the majority of newer (1990+) cars removing the catalytic converter isn't going to improve your performance much, just increase noise. The earlier converters 70s/80s were huge because they were not effiecient yet, replacing those with newer ones or removing them usually nets a gain.
      -Matt
      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Damn we barely get any 4.6 tech and when we do you box guys already answer it. No fair.lol
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Your best bet is to upgrade to High flow cats. Magnaflow has some direct fit cats for the panthers. helluva lot cheaper than stock replacements too. about 300 for the pair of magnaflows. running without the cats will throw a cell. your vehicle will run less efficiently and fuel usage will increase. Also with the spark waste ignition system it'll make your car sound even worse. It will be louder, But it'll sound like ass.
          1997 Grand Marquis w/ 126400
          TOO MANY MODS TO LIST WITH ONLY 5 LINES OF SPACE. VISIT MY SUPERMOTORS PAGE FOR MORE DETAILS

http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/15008

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88
            Damn we barely get any 4.6 tech and when we do you box guys already answer it. No fair.lol
            :lol:

Comment

You can gut your cats with a tune or O2 sims which will run about $70/pair and your car will run fine. With the right mufflers it can sound great. I love the sound of my exhaust. If you live in a smog nazi state high flow cats are great. Like others said, just using high flow cats or removing them improves your potential for more power. All I gained was a couple mpg.
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

On the 89 Vick..5.0 we run two aftermarket cats and she sounds..GNARLY...In a good way of course.
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Working...
                X