Force lube w/o bushing removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force lube w/o bushing removal

I'm of the understanding that an individual or two may have done this... I'm curious how you got the tap to cut a thread. Am I just being a pussy and need to drill deeper, or did you cut the tap so the threads start less shallow? I'm a little worried, as I bought a new housing to avoid the problems associated with R&R of the bushing. Any thoughts?

OK, well I got a tiny bit of thread cut... Enough to twist the brake line adaptter fitting into place... But its hardly secure. Will using some RVt sealer be enough? I dont use that stuff much so I dont really know its limits... :slug:

Comment

Solved. Cutting disc to a regular style tap = bottom tap

Comment

Man I should have done that with my 3.73's.
        -Michael

Comment

There is no requirement to do it with 3.73's unless maybe your a circle track racer, or like to do a lot of top speed runs... I only did it because my car will be seeing a LOT of highway miles next year (10hr trip between school and home, if this transfer happens).

That said, if you want to do it, its not difficult at all, you needn't even remove the bushing to get it done

Comment

I do quite a bit of highway driving, though not as much as you wil be. So far so good.

you needn't even remove the bushing to get it done
            Yeah I didn't even think about that when I did the install. If I do decide to go ahead with the mod I'm sure I'll be asking you some questions.
            -Michael

Comment

I'm sure I'll do my best to answer

Comment

Working...
              X