Dual Exhaust Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Exhaust Kit

Are there any available other than stock pipe size?
    "Owning a 9-second Import is like coming out of the closet.... At first it may be surprising, but in the end, you're still gay!"

www.myspace.com/nascarmechanic

Nope. Have to go custom, or mustang suff, with Impalla SS tails.

Comment

side pipes are SOOO cool
      YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

I've got a guy in Shakopee, MN that has done 2.5" duals (Second cats cut out) for $450 But I've had duals done for $300 before
        "Owning a 9-second Import is like coming out of the closet.... At first it may be surprising, but in the end, you're still gay!"

Comment

Walker has a dual exhaust kit. It isn't stainless though.
          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

The Walker exhaust is basically an OEM replacement dual exhaust. It's a 2" system. If you want a 2.25" or 2.5" exhaust you'll have to get one custom made. Come to think of it, wouldn't a Marauder exhaust fit? It's a 2.25" system I think, so it might work.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Damn I need to read these threads more carefully. Other then stock size, yeah custom is it.
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Alright, I found out that a buddy from HS works at a custom shop. 2 1/2" from the front cats back to Super Turbo Mufflers, 2 1/2" out the rear, no stupid chrome tips. $361

Comment

You should think about Mustang headers and 2.5" downpipes. Make the whole thing, headers to tails 2.5". You'll get more power that way. But I suggest modding the engine a bit with the exhaust. 2.5" is the absolute limit for a stock engine before you start to lose power.

Comment

Headers really aren't worth the expense and hassle in these cars. There isn't enough of a benefit unless you've already maxed out the potential power in other places.

Comment

Oh, ok then. I'm not familiar at all with 4.6's, just 5.0's. Maybe I ought to stay out of 4.6 tech.

Comment

Na, it's cool. On most engines, headers are a great upgrade. The 4.6 seems to breathe well though, and headers are a pain to install.

The shorty headers that will fit are known for cracking at the welds, and they don't provide much benefit. There are some long-tube headers that work better, but their price makes them out of reach for most of us.

Stock exhaust kits with upgraded cats and mufflers are one of the better options, and won't break the bank.

Comment

Working...
                        X