NO heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO heat

Well being its getting cold out again, i figure ill try and tackle my no heat problems again.

Anyway i dont suspect the blend door at first, As you hear it make noise and whatnot when you turn the heat on/off so i assume it works fine.

I expect it might be the thermostat as per this was a florida car. Anyway i changed the thermostat put in a new 180degree. anyway the original ford thermostat was in there ( the funny shaped ones) i didnt know they can last that long.

Anyways so i let it run for a few and i opened up the door and its on fire inside its so hot. Good stuff i think. So i drive for a bit and it goes back to cold.
    Couple hours later still cold. When i turn the heat on for a split second when you turn it on its preety warm than goes instantly to hot.

Any ideas?
    1999 CVPI
    Old Rides
    1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
    1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Interior temp sensor. There are multiple doors in the system that you can hear moving around. Open the glovebox door, and reach inside to disconnect the clear tube connected to a gold color vacuum motor directly behind the glovebox. This should be the only one right inside the glovebox area with the nipple facing you. If it goes to full heat, the temperature sensor above the glovebox is shot and needs to be replaced.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by trife86
      Couple hours later still cold. When i turn the heat on for a split second when you turn it on its preety warm than goes instantly to hot.

Any ideas?
      Whoops. meant to say when i turn it on for that quick second its nice and warm than goes instantly to cold
      1999 CVPI
      Old Rides
      1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
      1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

Working...
      X